Princess Black Friday

smellycruzer

I for one would enjoy a Princess Black Friday sale, hosted at all U.S. Princess cruise terminals (Ft. Lauderdale, Houston, Galveston, San Pedro, Whittier, San Francisco, Seattle, Honolulu, NYC... did I miss any?).

We would line up for deals like this:

• 1st person: free cruise, up to $1299
  • 2nd-10th: $250 off future cruise booking
  • 11th-50th: $100 onboard cruise credit
  • 51st-100th: free beverage package
  • 101st+: free photo

I couldn't make it this year since I'm sailing tomorrow, but maybe in 2016!

Edited by smellycruzer

I agree Princess needs to step up their Black Friday Game. I wouldn't mind waiting in line to get a good deal for Princess. Better than the table saw I got last year on Black Friday that I haven't used since. I would even get in line Thanksgiving at 5 pm if I had a shot at a free cruise!! :):)

The special they started last night was a joke. Free soda package for 3rd and 4th person (children only) only in a stateroom. That eliminated all of us who sail 2 in a stateroom AND would anyone really be enticed to book a cruise if their kids were getting a soda package?

The special they started last night was a joke. Free soda package for 3rd and 4th person (children only) only in a stateroom. That eliminated all of us who sail 2 in a stateroom AND would anyone really be enticed to book a cruise if their kids were getting a soda package?

Big letdown :(

Edited by smellycruzer

I for one would enjoy a Princess Black Friday sale, hosted at all U.S. Princess cruise terminals (Ft. Lauderdale, Houston, Galveston, San Pedro, Whittier, San Francisco, Seattle, Honolulu, NYC... did I miss any?).

Just as a point of interest, Princess doesn't sail out of Galveston, Honolulu or Whittier, or at least they don't show those ports as active on the current (2015-2017) cruises on the website.

Tom

Just as a point of interest, Princess doesn't sail out of Galveston, Honolulu or Whittier, or at least they don't show those ports as active on the current (2015-2017) cruises on the website.

Tom

More importantly, Princess only has U.S. staff who actually sell cruises in Los Angeles and Seattle. Where on earth would they even do this at the ports?

Tom

You're right about Galveston and Honolulu. Anchorage = Whittier, which is a departure port. Out of curiousity, I searched the Princess website and found this:

Departure Ports:

The excitement starts here - at our Departure Ports - where you’ll actually begin and end your cruise vacation. Embark on your seagoing journey from one of our many port cities for a cruise of a lifetime. Where can we take you? Let your imagination take off first, on an exploration of our Departure Ports below.

North America

Anchorage (Whittier), Alaska

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Galveston, Texas

Honolulu, Hawaii

Houston, Texas

Los Angeles (San Pedro), California

New York City, New York

Quebec City, Quebec

San Francisco, California

San Juan Puerto Rico

Seattle, Washington

Vancouver, British Columbia

http://www.princess.com/learn/excursions/departure_ports/

I've never sailed out of Galveston before, but Houston on numerous occassions.

I've sailed into Honolulu multiple times, but never as a departure port. I can't recall them sailing out of Honolulu but then again I've never searched for a trip from Hawaii. Has anyone sailed out of Honolulu in the past on Princess?

Edited by smellycruzer

You're right about Galveston and Honolulu. Anchorage = Whittier, which is a departure port. Out of curiousity, I searched the Princess website and found this:

http://www.princess.com/learn/excursions/departure_ports/

I've never sailed out of Galveston before, but Houston on numerous occassions.

I've sailed into Honolulu multiple times, but never as a departure port. I can't recall them sailing out of Honolulu but then again I've never searched for a trip from Hawaii. Has anyone sailed out of Honolulu in the past on Princess?

The Tahitian Princess used to routinely do a Tahiti to Honolulu route or vice versa along with a few other routes.

Princess also used to use Galveston as a cruise port before Houston.

Edited by Casey12