Where's the coffee on Emerald Princess?

Clampram

So, I am a lousy sleeper and usually wake up early. Like to have my morning cup right away! Where can I go that's easy on Emerald Princess? We will be on the D deck.

Or, is is quick to get just coffee from room service?

I plan on buying a coffee card.

Thanks!!

So, I am a lousy sleeper and usually wake up early. Like to have my morning cup right away! Where can I go that's easy on Emerald Princess? We will be on the D deck.

Thanks!!

Room service or down on Deck 5 at the International Cafe for real coffee. The stuff in the buffet isn't very good.

Thanks!!

I usually get up early too, and my wife sleeps in late. So I tend to grab my Kindle and my coffee card and head out around 5 or 6 a.m.

If you're getting a coffee card, then heading to the International Cafe's next door coffee bar is a good move. I also like to try the buffet's coffee a day or two and see how it's working for me. Sometimes it's OK.

I don't know how long your cruise is, and that might make a difference. With a week or more, there's time to experiment. Try a fancy IC coffee (or the unlimited fresh brewed that comes with the card) one day, room service (probably 15-20 minutes that time of morning) another and the Horizon Court self-serve the next. See what works for you.

For me, part of it is where to park my butt with a book. In the end, I usually get some kind of vanilla bean espresso at the IC-connected coffee bar, then go looking for a comfortable chair or loveseat in the Wheelhouse Bar or Explorer's Lounge.

Jim

Agree, On deck 9 take the center elevators or stairs down to the International Cafe on deck 5. If you have the coffee card then you can get unlimited brewed coffee or an espresso drink for a punch on the card. The IC has take away cups with lids which I believe are 16 oz. You can also pick up pastry, doughnuts, or an egg mcmuffin style sandwich while you are there. The coffee in the buffet isn't that bad, it is made from liquid concentrate like you get in Burger King. They only have cups in the buffet, I think they are 8oz. Room service coffee is the same as buffet coffee.

Thanks!!

IC... already on my 2nd cup o joe for the day!

Are you sailing the 5 day WCG that departed yesterday?

I usually get up early too, and my wife sleeps in late. So I tend to grab my Kindle and my coffee card and head out around 5 or 6 a.m.

If you're getting a coffee card, then heading to the International Cafe's next door coffee bar is a good move. I also like to try the buffet's coffee a day or two and see how it's working for me. Sometimes it's OK.

I don't know how long your cruise is, and that might make a difference. With a week or more, there's time to experiment. Try a fancy IC coffee (or the unlimited fresh brewed that comes with the card) one day, room service (probably 15-20 minutes that time of morning) another and the Horizon Court self-serve the next. See what works for you.

For me, part of it is where to park my butt with a book. In the end, I usually get some kind of vanilla bean espresso at the IC-connected coffee bar, then go looking for a comfortable chair or loveseat in the Wheelhouse Bar or Explorer's Lounge.

Jim

We like to spend our time around the coffee bar during the day when not going to some other activity. We normally will be in the Atrium with my coffee and kindle, wife with tea and her kindle. It is relaxing to read, watch people and enjoy the different entertainment going on deck 5.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska [/size]

What does that mean?? It's charged to my coffee card but doesn't count?? or, I can have 100 cups for the price of one????

Or, it's free and I don't need a coffee card??

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee today to figure this out!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

If you buy a coffee card, you can get as many cups of brewed coffee as you would like. Your card is not punched for this regular coffee. Only punches are for fancy coffees--lattes, cappuchinos etc. This unlimited brewed coffee only applies on the cruise on which you bought the card. Cards with punches left can be used for fancy coffees on subsequent cruises.

If you buy a coffee card, you can get as many cups of brewed coffee as you would like. Your card is not punched for this regular coffee. Only punches are for fancy coffees--lattes, cappuchinos etc. This unlimited brewed coffee only applies on the cruise on which you bought the card. Cards with punches left can be used for fancy coffees on subsequent cruises.

And many times not punched for those.

I spent 2 weeks on the Emerald recently, sailing from Barcelona to FLL, and I was an early (sometimes VERY early, due to all the time changes coming from Europe). I went to the IC as early as 4AM, and the coffee was always on!! I took my coffee card with me, but was never even asked to show it, as the coffee urn and the amenities were sitting out on the counter for anyone to use until 6AM. At 6, the urn was removed and coffee had to be obtained from the bartender. Since he knew I had a coffee card, I was never charged for another coffee after 6. Maybe those without a card had to pay .... I don't know.