Booked the Ruby

lbfluffy

Congrats on booking the Ruby. We have sailed her many times! :)

Skywalkers/Wheelhouse Bar/promenade deck/Explorers Lounge/Piazza/International Cafe/Crown Grill. To name a few.

Oh yeah Adagio Lounge!

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Congrats on booking the Ruby. We have sailed her many times! :)

Skywalkers/Wheelhouse Bar/promenade deck/Explorers Lounge/Piazza/International Cafe/Crown Grill. To name a few.

Oh yeah Adagio Lounge!

Yes we are looking forward to it. Hope I don't get lost like I did on the Grand.

We were just on the Ruby in February for the Mexican Riviera. The ship is truly beautiful and well kept. We loved to hang out with drinks and pizza and enjoy MUTS during the day. We loved crooners pre and post dinner drinks. A lot of people will send me hate mail for this but we loved SHARE! Delicious wines, crafted food by a staff only dedicated to that specialty restaurant. So yum.

We were just on the Ruby in February for the Mexican Riviera. The ship is truly beautiful and well kept. We loved to hang out with drinks and pizza and enjoy MUTS during the day. We loved crooners pre and post dinner drinks. A lot of people will send me hate mail for this but we loved SHARE! Delicious wines, crafted food by a staff only dedicated to that specialty restaurant. So yum.

When we were on the Grand I tried some of Curtis Stone's recipes. Pretty good.

When we were on the Grand I tried some of Curtis Stone's recipes. Pretty good.

At first we weren't planning on going to any specialty restaurants, but we watched a demonstration in the Piazza one afternoon and took a good look at the menu and I was really impressed. I've always wanted to go to a celebrity chef restaurant and most charges are upwards of $100+/pp so this is a great experience. Highly recommend !

We were on the Ruby June 19 for our 50th wedding anniversary. There were 10 of us. We had a marvelous cruise.

DH and I snuck off one evening and had dinner at Share. We LOVED it. Endive foam and all. :D

Cheers, Denise

We were on the Ruby June 19 for our 50th wedding anniversary. There were 10 of us. We had a marvelous cruise.

DH and I snuck off one evening and had dinner at Share. We LOVED it. Endive foam and all. :D

Cheers, Denise

First of all, Happy Anniversary ! What a wonderful way to celebrate! And second of all, can we be friends? 99% of people on CC want to throw Curtis Stone and his menu overboard. It's nice to meet someone like minded :)

Save

We've sailed the Grand and the Ruby, and much prefer the Ruby. With Sabatini's (now SHARE, but we haven't been on the Ruby since it switched) 16/aft, it opened up deck 7 in such a way that the Wheelhouse Bar is much better IMHO (it gains enough galley space that it can do The Salty Dog). Adagio Lounge is also 16/aft, serving as the bar for SHARE but also a fantastic, quiet little lounge with a jazzy theme. It's got a great doorway out to great aft viewing platforms. I hope to bring some of my photo lighting gear on our next Ruby cruise, to get some great portraits of my wife amongst the rich woods, great art, and classic lamps in Adagio. Oh, the drink menu that's unique to Adagio is absolutely fantastic, too.

It also regains a central passenger staircase that runs to all relevant floors. Some people roll their eyes about the topic, but for us as avid Alaska cruisers with "NatGeo/BBC"-level photography gear, it becomes a factor: the lack of central staircase fills the elevators faster, and as a "big lumpy guy" when loaded with cameras, I can't just squeeze into the elevator. Alas, I have to make my way forward and take stairs there, or enjoy an elevator that's simply less crowded because of the presence of stairs.

I think there's a little more tiered seating for MUTS (but I'm no expert). The jogging track 19/aft is "cozy" but offers a great high&wide vista. The Pizza/Ice Cream Bar serves waffles daily for breakfast (as I recall, this wasn't on Grand), a neat option that I've never actually experienced. (boo!)

Still 200+ days until our next Ruby cruise...and of course, two great songs that make me think of her just came up on my playlist.

And second of all, can we be friends? 99% of people on CC want to throw Curtis Stone and his menu overboard. It's nice to meet someone like minded :)

Save

If 99% of people don't like CS, then maybe you'd better get your fill of him before he disappears (along with some other Princess "innovations" from the past.) :)

I'm booked on Ruby again in March of next year. I think this will be my fourth time on her (guess I'd better look that up) and I think she's just a beautiful ship. I like Crooners on Ruby, beautiful decor and noticeably larger than the Crooners on, say, the Golden. Really nice lounges all over the ship.

We've sailed the Grand and the Ruby, and much prefer the Ruby. With Sabatini's (now SHARE, but we haven't been on the Ruby since it switched) 16/aft, it opened up deck 7 in such a way that the Wheelhouse Bar is much better IMHO (it gains enough galley space that it can do The Salty Dog). Adagio Lounge is also 16/aft, serving as the bar for SHARE but also a fantastic, quiet little lounge with a jazzy theme. It's got a great doorway out to great aft viewing platforms. I hope to bring some of my photo lighting gear on our next Ruby cruise, to get some great portraits of my wife amongst the rich woods, great art, and classic lamps in Adagio. Oh, the drink menu that's unique to Adagio is absolutely fantastic, too.

It also regains a central passenger staircase that runs to all relevant floors. Some people roll their eyes about the topic, but for us as avid Alaska cruisers with "NatGeo/BBC"-level photography gear, it becomes a factor: the lack of central staircase fills the elevators faster, and as a "big lumpy guy" when loaded with cameras, I can't just squeeze into the elevator. Alas, I have to make my way forward and take stairs there, or enjoy an elevator that's simply less crowded because of the presence of stairs.

I think there's a little more tiered seating for MUTS (but I'm no expert). The jogging track 19/aft is "cozy" but offers a great high&wide vista. The Pizza/Ice Cream Bar serves waffles daily for breakfast (as I recall, this wasn't on Grand), a neat option that I've never actually experienced. (boo!)

Still 200+ days until our next Ruby cruise...and of course, two great songs that make me think of her just came up on my playlist.

The Grand did have the waffle bar. Yum. And yes I hated not having the central stairs on the Grand.

We will be on the Ruby December 2017, so I have a few questions for you recent Ruby Cruisers.

Salty Dog - Can you sit at the bar and order drinks but no food? What kind of music do they play?

Adagio - Same questions as above

Muts - do they still stretch the image from the DVD

That should like:

People-Full.jpg

but they make it look like

People-Stretch.jpg

Edited by Cinerama

The XBGuys are looking forward to our cruise on the Ruby this October--celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.

As much as we have enjoyed Sabbatini's on various Princess ships we are very much looking forward to visiting Share--probably more than once.

It's funny, I see all the comments on people preferring this Princess ship over another one. I am not nearly as Princess experienced as many who post her, but, generally, I find all Princess ships to be more similar than different.

That being said, I have only sailed on one Princess ship, the Grand, that has the Alfredo's pizzaria. We loved it and wish that all the ships had it. Oh well, talk about first world problems. :)

I took the RUBY on a 10-day Mexican Rivera Sea of Cortez cruise. Beautiful ship, great crew. We loved it so much that we are booked on a Halloween California Coastal cruise in October.

International cafe is perfect for a light breakfast and lunch.

A CRUISE A YEAR KEEPS ME IN GEAR

I am so excited. Off to the Mexican Riviera again. First time on the Ruby. We just got back from the Grand and loved it!! What do I have to look forward to on the Ruby?

I'm not sure what you are into however my wife and I have booked for December 22nd Christmas Riviera cruise:D. I have noticed no one mentioned the 'Voice of The Ocean' if you can sing and don't have a problem getting in front of your peers.

I'm not sure what you are into however my wife and I have booked for December 22nd Christmas Riviera cruise:D. I have noticed no one mentioned the 'Voice of The Ocean' if you can sing and don't have a problem getting in front of your peers.

No I am tone deaf. But love to hear other's sing

DH and I are booked on the Ruby - in two weeks! I loved the recent thread - sorry I couldn't copy the URL but it's on page 3... Or you could do the search at the top of the page.

It's titled "Ruby Princess Review-ish 7/3/-7/10 (Alaska)"

Great review and wonderful photos of the ship and Alaska.