Caribbean Princess and Alfredo's

Kybabe

I don't see a Alfredo's restaurant on the Caribbean Princess but on the Island Princess Sabatini's served Alfredo pizza during lunch. Wondering if this is true on the CB. Love that Pizza!:)

No Alfredo's on Caribbean Princess, we sailed her in May. Pizza is served by the pool, near the grill, from about 11:00 am to 8:00 pm (this may vary depending on itinerary.) They always have cheese pizza and pepperoni pizza, plus a daily special. Very good, too.

I don't see a Alfredo's restaurant on the Caribbean Princess but on the Island Princess Sabatini's served Alfredo pizza during lunch. Wondering if this is true on the CB. Love that Pizza!:)

No Alfredo's on Caribbean Princess, we sailed her in May. Pizza is served by the pool, near the grill, from about 11:00 am to 8:00 pm (this may vary depending on itinerary.) They always have cheese pizza and pepperoni pizza, plus a daily special. Very good, too.

According to post #24 in this thread, on the CB Sabatini's does have Alfredo's on select days.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2381213

According to post #24 in this thread, on the CB Sabatini's does have Alfredo's on select days.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2381213

That's great news. I'd like it if every ship that doesn't have a dedicated Alfredo's had a temporary one. It's a good option, and it spreads out the crowd.

For those who complain all the cruise lines do is take away, here's a case where they're offering something you didn't expect -- for free.

Jim

I have yet to eat Lido deck pizza that I considered "good" let alone "very good" on a Princess ship. Alfredo's is fine and Cafe Corniche on Sea Princess was fine but the stuff everybody raves about on Lido deck is just not what I consider good pizza.

I have yet to eat Lido deck pizza that I considered "good" let alone "very good" on a Princess ship. Alfredo's is fine and Cafe Corniche on Sea Princess was fine but the stuff everybody raves about on Lido deck is just not what I consider good pizza.

It is relative, Thrak. Compared to the slice we got in the NY metro area, I would agree with you. Compared to what is served down here in Williamsburg, on RCL, X and NCL it is gourmet.

Go Regal/Royal.

Go Regal/Royal.

Loved Alfredo's on the Regal last Feb. Ate there several times. I'm glad to hear that it is probably served in Sabatini's on sea days like I had hoped. No pool side pizza for me!

We sailed on the CB last March and they did not have pizza (Alfredo's) in Sabatini's on sea days. Since we will be back on the CB next month, hopefully they will have it. Several years ago we were on the Island Princess and they had Alfredo's pizza for lunch on sea days in Sabatini's. We went every time they offered it but it was never well received.

I wholeheartedly agree. If you took the leftover grease down to the engine room they'd save a fortune on oil.:eek:

On the two sea days, listed in the patter was Alfredos in Sabatini's. Choice of three pies. Huge portions for one person. I had wanted a plain pie, so tried to pick the simplest. It was drowning in cheese, so I barely ate it. It came out boiling hot.

Oddly, the pizza upstairs was not good at all this cruise. I do believe it had to do with the cold weather in the British Isles, and not a lot of people eating- so the slices were kept under warming lights. We tried, but never could catch a hot pie out of the oven, 4 of our other Caribbean Princess cruises were in Caribbean- so the pizza tended to be hot and fresh. I really do think the itinerary weather made the difference, which was why we tried Alfredos.

Bernadette

And I would guess that these select days are listed in the Patter (and I just missed it?)

We almost missed it the first time. At least for our sailing, the pub lunch was listed in the regular list of times and events in middle of the patter; the Alfredo's pizza event was in a little box of its own on the back page.

We have noticed that pizza that has been setting out even in warm areas like the Caribbean leaves much to be desired. So we try to watch and get a fresh one which is not hard most times since they serve a lot. I would imagine in colder areas like AK or UK etc, pizza setting out under heat lamps on a cold deck will cool down fast and the demand will be much less. We do like some of their daily specialty pizza as well as an occasional margarita pizza. They are great for an afternoon snack with a glass of wine on our balcony.

It is relative, Thrak. Compared to the slice we got in the NY metro area, I would agree with you. Compared to what is served down here in Williamsburg, on RCL, X and NCL it is gourmet.

You're both right. I agree that the pizza served up on deck is vastly overrated by folks here...but...compared to the pizza found in Williamsburg, it's great. During my time spent in Williamsburg I could get better pizza by putting ketchup on a shoe.

We sailed on the CB last March and they did not have pizza (Alfredo's) in Sabatini's on sea days. Since we will be back on the CB next month, hopefully they will have it. Several years ago we were on the Island Princess and they had Alfredo's pizza for lunch on sea days in Sabatini's. We went every time they offered it but it was never well received.

So are you saying that Alfredo's Pizza is no longer available in Sabatini's or anywhere else on the Island Princess any longer?

So are you saying that Alfredo's Pizza is no longer available in Sabatini's or anywhere else on the Island Princess any longer?

No where did anyone say that! It IS still available on the Island

Alfredo's pizza is still offered on the Coral and the Island. It is just that now it has expanded at least to the Caribbean Princess.