Deck Party

dandonna

Does anybody know if and what Princess is going to replace their Love Boat Disco Deck party with?

We have been to the same deck party the last 4 cruises and are hoping they plan on making a change for this Winter season.

Someone told us it was going to be an tropical deck party but they had nothing to back it up. Would love to hear from those in the know.

Happy Cruising!

Does anybody know if and what Princess is going to replace their Love Boat Disco Deck party with?

We have been to the same deck party the last 4 cruises and are hoping they plan on making a change for this Winter season.

Someone told us it was going to be an tropical deck party but they had nothing to back it up. Would love to hear from those in the know.

Happy Cruising!

This past winter on the Royal in the Caribbean we had the Love Boat Party and a Latin Dance Party as themes. The Latin theme party was the better one. Since we were on b2b's we got to experience both of them. If you only take a single cruise you would not get to see both parties. Both had performances by the Princess singers and dancers. One evening the Retreat Pool was turned into a night club, sort of an after deck party experience. I would expect the Latin theme party will remain for a few seasons. Deck parties on other itineraries and other ships can differ.

Edited by sknight

I for 1 love the deck party. I am not a kid but I love the atmosphere. Something about being on the sea under the stars dancing and partying with all your new friends. The Love Boat themed deck party was alot of fun with about 1000 people singing the Love Boat song.

Have cruised princess 4 times and there always has been a deck party, organised or impromptu.

I suggested on the Aus/Nz forum that a zombie/goth party might be an excellent idea.

Just threw it out there.

Some of the comments, were well, bit obscure and derogative to say the least.

One was in particular.

But that's what you get when you go against the norm.

I will say one thing, some people have to realise that Princess is not yours, its everyone's.

Its a changing world, get giggy with it or just shuffle on.

Because Princess knows.;);)

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Happy Cruising!

We were told on an April cruise that the Love Boat Disco Party was being discontinued as it was really tied to Princess' 50th Anniversary celebration.

I am sure there will continue to be a deck party under one name or another just as there was before the Love Boat Disco Party existed.

Edited by caribill

Have cruised princess 4 times and there always has been a deck party, organised or impromptu.

I suggested on the Aus/Nz forum that a zombie/goth party might be an excellent idea.

Just threw it out there.

Some of the comments, were well, bit obscure and derogative to say the least.

One was in particular.

But that's what you get when you go against the norm.

I will say one thing, some people have to realise that Princess is not yours, its everyone's.

Its a changing world, get giggy with it or just shuffle on.

Because Princess knows.;);)

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Deck party yes, I've seen, Disco Deck party no never seen.

But as said not parties, so maybe missed it.

We were told on an April cruise that the Love Boat Disco Party was being discontinued as it was really tied to Princess' 50th Anniversary celebration.

I am sure there will continue to be a deck party under one name or another just as there was before the Love Boat Disco Party existed.

I don't remember the usual deck party having a particular name, but then I never go. The only one I attended was the real Love Boat Disco Party on the Pacific Princess' 50th anniversary cruise where the "real" Issac was there dancing in the flesh. :D

Any one remember the....

Ja-making-me-Dance Deck parties with Caribbean food on deck? At least 5-6 years ago. Great food, lots of dancing, lots of fun.

Would be nice to have something like this again.

Any one remember the....

Ja-making-me-Dance Deck parties with Caribbean food on deck? At least 5-6 years ago. Great food, lots of dancing, lots of fun.

Would be nice to have something like this again.

Until two years ago all the deck parties (whatever they were called) had a great buffet with them.

Another cost saving measure eliminated the food.

Until two years ago all the deck parties (whatever they were called) had a great buffet with them.

Another cost saving measure eliminated the food.

Not certain the decision to eliminate the food was based solely on cost. I would think at least some of the thought had to do we the difficulty of presenting and serving deck food in a sanitary manner.

In any case food is still available at the buffet, grill, pizza and soft ice cream bar during the deck parties.

Those venues all are closed by the time the deck party gets going around 11 PM.

All the Princess deck parties I have been to start around 9:30 with a DJ. Then around 10 the live music begins. The planned activities are normally over by around 11 or not much later.