NEW Cabin Class Category: Club Class Mini-Suite

reedprincess

It must have been Spring Break week!

To quote Sarah Palin, "All of 'em" :D

Nope not spring break and was on three different ships. 2015 March in Australia to New Zealand, 2015 July in Europe and most recently this last Feb 2016 in the Caribbean.

The same with the space being saved in the center of the balcony. All three ships roped off and saved the same space.

Edited by RDC1

• 4 weeks later...
Celebrity carved out TWO private restaurants with separate menus in the MDR for Suite and Aqua class passengers about two years ago. It appears that it hasn't slowed down anything in the MDR as a result. Celebrity has a much better Anytime dining system and organization than Princess.

Celebrity has reserved seats in the front of the Theater for Suite guests. They hold these seats until 15 minutes before showtime and then release them for first come, first served. It doesn't seem to cause any problems. I prefer seats in the back of the Theater so I can leave without fanfare if I don't like the show.

For those that are interested from my experience the first statement is misleading and the second statement is incorrect.

The Celebrity Solstice Class ships (5 of them) were designed with the Blu restaurant as a specialty restaurant next to the other ones and is on a different deck than the MDR. Three other older ships had the Blu upgrade taken from the MDR area I believe. The suite only Luminea was built in a section of the MDR on both classes of ships.

The reserve theater sitting is for formalChic nights only and it not in the front rows. It is currently a couple front rows on the balcony. It is really no big deal.

IMO the Club enhancement for Princess is a needed for Princess to remain competitive.

If there is a problem with being seated in the AT Dining room, my suggestion would be to go back to Traditional in the MDR. You will have your seat, each and every dinner meal.....

We prefer the Traditional dining, as we appreciate having the same waitstaff each and every night.....knowing our preferences and being ready to please.

For those that are interested from my experience the first statement is misleading and the second statement is incorrect.

The Celebrity Solstice Class ships (5 of them) were designed with the Blu restaurant as a specialty restaurant next to the other ones and is on a different deck than the MDR. Three other older ships had the Blu upgrade taken from the MDR area I believe. The suite only Luminea was built in a section of the MDR on both classes of ships.

The reserve theater sitting is for formalChic nights only and it not in the front rows. It is currently a couple front rows on the balcony. It is really no big deal.

IMO the Club enhancement for Princess is a needed for Princess to remain competitive.

Regarding the reserved seating- do people form a line in order to fill in the spots when they start open seating.

Regarding the reserved seating- do people form a line in order to fill in the spots when they start open seating.

I am not sure about a line, but a few people hanging around sometimes. I believe they open it up around 15 minutes before the show. There are always seats available as a large majority of people do not use it as the section is on the balcony. Very over rated benefit IMO.

oskidunker Explain what wine is included in club class. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I understand 1/2 bottle of a White & 1/2 bottle of a Red upon embarkation - no idea what wines. Really no big deal. But that wonderful warm complimentary welcome glass of champagne will continue!

Explain what wine is included in club class. Thanks!

According to the Princess website, "Complimentary one-time wine set-up on embarkation day, 1/2 bottle of red and 1/2 bottle of white".

Since Club Class does not debut on the first ship until December 10, 2016, no one has received these amenities yet. Therefore, I don't think anyone will be able to tell you what wine you will receive until someone actually sails in Club Class.

If princess really needs extra income why don't they start charging for food at the international cafe,pizza stations etc.

They tried that at the start & it didn't go over to big.

Why don't they make the whole cruise ala carte and lower the cost of the cruise?

long cruiser

In general it's better to entice people onto the ship with a cheaper price and hit them later with the extras but if there are to many add on's the cruise line will get a bad reputation for it. I suppose they try to keep it to a minimum.

I don't understand all of these negative posts about Club Class and the effects people expect it to have on others. Princess is trying to give some extra amenities to people who pay for more expensive cabins without taking anything away from others.

We don't know whether or not they will be successful. Why don't we give them some time to try it out - and to correct any problems that occur on the first few cruises after they implement it. It doesn't start on the first ship until December 2016, so no one will know if there are problems until we actually hear from people who have sailed on ships with Club Class.

I am looking forward to Club Class dining on a family cruise around the British Isles that I am taking in August 2017. We will have eight family members in Club Class. I have been on two extended family cruises before (a Panama Canal cruise with 9 people and an Alaska cruise with 13 people), and we booked traditional fixed seating on both of these. I'm hoping Club Class dining will give us the advantages of traditional seating with the flexibility of anytime dining.

Princess is trying to give some extra amenities to people who pay for more expensive cabins without taking anything away from others.

As has been stated before, there is a concern that it will take away from the rest of the peeps in Anytime dining by removing dining space for the Club Class.

Edited by Murphey

We will be in Club Class on our 2017 Pacific Princess cruise. Since the MDR isn't that spacious to begin with on this small ship, it will be interesting to see how it's implemented there. When we were on the "second" Royal that was also one of the R-class ships, the only area on the ship that ever felt congested was the MDR. For a short window, the Club Class minis on this cruise were only a small amount more than the regular ones, so we went for it.

On the Pacific they alternate the specialty dining venues....It would make sense to use the one not open for the Club Class.....then it would not impact the MDR at all. Of course, I have no idea if the galleys would be set up for that.....but it would be a good idea.

Princess is trying to give some extra amenities to people who pay for more expensive cabins without taking anything away from others.

As has been stated before, there is a concern that it will take away from the rest of the peeps in Anytime dining by removing dining space for the Club Class.

Especially since Princess doesn't "do" ATD very well to begin with.

Hit the nail on the head.....:):):)

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping Club Class dining will give us the advantages of traditional seating with the flexibility of anytime dining.

I am hoping the same thing about this club class dining...I like the flexibility of anytime dining but really like having the same waiters every night so we usually stick with traditional. Would love for them to be able to combine the two.

Since Club Class Dining is scheduled to debut on Ruby Princess December 10...7 Day Mexican Riviera cruise out of LA (San Pedro) hopefully we will all get some first-hand CC dining details from that cruise - maybe even a photo or two. Yes - IMO it will be great to have daily dining time flexibility with the same table and wait staff plus all the other "As Advertised" CC perks. Looking forward to this new dining venue on Regal Princess B2B February. We all should have some good CC feed-back in about 100 days.

I am hoping the same thing about this club class dining...I like the flexibility of anytime dining but really like having the same waiters every night so we usually stick with traditional. Would love for them to be able to combine the two.
Since Club Class Dining is scheduled to debut on Ruby Princess December 10...7 Day Mexican Riviera cruise out of LA (San Pedro) hopefully we will all get some first-hand CC dining details from that cruise - maybe even a photo or two. Yes - IMO it will be great to have daily dining time flexibility with the same table and wait staff plus all the other "As Advertised" CC perks. Looking forward to this new dining venue on Regal Princess B2B February. We all should have some good CC feed-back in about 100 days.
The information only appears to state that there will be dedicated waitstaff "committed to your exclusive dining area" but it doesn't specifically state that you will have the same waitstaff every night. It might work like Sabatini's at breakfast where there are typically four waitstaff but any of them may wait on you on any given morning. We will need to wait and see.

WE do anytime dinning and have never had a long wait. Most has been about 10 minutes. We like to get the pager and go have a before dinner drink. People complaining about waiting are arriving at the busiest times when the first bunch are halfway through there meal. If most people with ATD want to eat at the same time there will always be a wait. There's no way they can seat that many. We don't eat in the MDR very often but looking forward to club class meals to see if it is a step up from the regular MDR menu, which Princess needs to improve on. The wait times will still be there at the high volume dinner times for both ATD and if most in club class decide to eat at the same time there will be a wait, they say no waiting for club class but that is impossible I think.