Adagio lounge

Murphey

Yes, usually a piano or guitar player etc. Listed in the Patter each day.

We once heard a terrific pianist while on the Ruby. As I recall, he didn't start playing until the dinner hour. Such good memories, sitting there watching the lights on some shore (Albania?), eating those delicious stuffed olives they offer. Turns out we're booked in March on the Ruby again, so I guess I'll get to see if the SHAREification of the floor has affected Adagio.

One night on Crown Princess my wife spotted a listing in the Patter for a jazz group playing in Adagio. It was 4 or 5 members of the Princess band. Only a handful of folks showed up to listen but the band was pleased at the turnout and they were really quite good. We had a great evening listening to some good jazz in a very under-utilized venue.

Edited by Thrak

Almost every night of the 12 nights we've had on those three ships had a live band scheduled in Adagio around 9PM or so. Some were mariachi, some were jazz...it runs a mix. Prior to that, there's pre-recorded music overhead, including before 5pm which is when the bar officially opens (the doors are generally open all day, but service doesn't start until 5pm).

Almost every night of the 12 nights we've had on those three ships had a live band scheduled in Adagio around 9PM or so. Some were mariachi, some were jazz...it runs a mix. Prior to that, there's pre-recorded music overhead, including before 5pm which is when the bar officially opens (the doors are generally open all day, but service doesn't start until 5pm).

I agree we have always seen good musicians every evening.

The space is for live music.

Friends also reported the same earlier this month.

When available we have gone to Adagio's and listened to the live music which usually was a piano player. It has never been crowded which made it extra nice. I hope our upcoming cruises on the Emerald and Ruby still have the same arrangement. I have been to gatherings in Adagio's during the day that were hosted by CD staff and they have not been able to quiet the piped in music.

Hi

On last cruise no live music only piped, bar staff said they could not control,

it or its volume.

yours Shogun

Music levels are a problem in general on all Princess ships, particularly at the Captains Cocktail Party where you can't hear yourself think!