Crown Princess, OS A752 Rollaway Bed?

cruisetek

Hi there, we're looking at booking this cabin on the Crown for a Caribbean itinerary. We're traveling with a 14 year old (adult size!), and are wondering how the rollaway is for this room? Is there enough room for it to not be in the way? Looking at the few photos I can find, I don't see where it would go. Is it comfortable? Our DS has previously stayed on the sofabeds, and finds them fine to sleep on - we're just concerned the rollaway might be less comfortable, and worry about the space it will take.

Also, I've searched myriad threads for balcony photos, and am still unsure on whether this balcony is considered desirable or not! The dreaded beam issue. Does anyone have recent photos or input? We just want enough space to spread out, and likely enjoy balcony dining for all 3 of us in comfort.

Thanks for any input or advice!

A suite like this has quite a few options for where to place the rollaway. Are you not using the sofa bed? The Ruby is identical to the Crown on this section of the deck, here is a video of the Ruby to give you some sense of your options.

IS there a sofa bed? When looking at booking online, there was red text indicating that a 3rd or 4th passenger would require a rollaway...so I presumed that there wasn't a sofa bed. The bed options were listed as "Queen/Twin, Sofa, Rollaway" - the other cabins with sofabed specifically say "sofabed" instead of sofa. If there is indeed a sofa bed that would solve our problems! :)

IS there a sofa bed? When looking at booking online, there was red text indicating that a 3rd or 4th passenger would require a rollaway...so I presumed that there wasn't a sofa bed. The bed options were listed as "Queen/Twin, Sofa, Rollaway" - the other cabins with sofabed specifically say "sofabed" instead of sofa. If there is indeed a sofa bed that would solve our problems! :)

We were in that cabin a year ago february. At that time the sofa opened to a bed. But that could have been replaced by now. The sofa itself was not comfortable and worn.

Hi there, we're looking at booking this cabin on the Crown for a Caribbean itinerary. We're traveling with a 14 year old (adult size!), and are wondering how the rollaway is for this room? Is there enough room for it to not be in the way? Looking at the few photos I can find, I don't see where it would go. Is it comfortable? Our DS has previously stayed on the sofabeds, and finds them fine to sleep on - we're just concerned the rollaway might be less comfortable, and worry about the space it will take.

Also, I've searched myriad threads for balcony photos, and am still unsure on whether this balcony is considered desirable or not! The dreaded beam issue. Does anyone have recent photos or input? We just want enough space to spread out, and likely enjoy balcony dining for all 3 of us in comfort.

Thanks for any input or advice!

How many of you are in this cabin?

Did they tell you a roll away would be used?

We have had a roll away a number of times on Princess.

There are only certain cabins that Princess will allow these in.

A roll away will take up alot of room.

It is folded up during the day and stowed behind the balcony door slider curtain.

IMO......When they are set up they are a fire hazard. They block a large area when they are set up and they make it very difficult to get around especially in the dark.

They are not comfortable and worse then a sofa bed. :(

There would be 3 of us in total, 2 adults and one teenager (who's taller than me!). Here's the text that comes up on the booking summary when selecting this cabin:

Available Bed Types:TWINS/SOFA/ROLLAWAY

Note: For 3rd or 4th Guest, 1 rollaway bed is permanently placed in your cabin.

If it is, indeed, a rollaway, then it sounds like it might be a deal-breaker. I know the cabin is large, but the space seems well-utilized already and the only way I can see accommodating a rollaway is by moving furniture around (which kind of defeats the point of having extra floor space).

From what I can see, the sofa is indeed a sofa bed. (Go to the deck plans, click on the room in the diagram and click through to the room amenities, it says all the sofas are sofa beds in the suites). I think the red caveat is written poorly, it should say for the 4th passengers in the suite, the 1 rollaway is permanently placed. The 3rd passenger is using the sofa bed. While some find them uncomfortable, it seems your 14 YO is fine with them.

For the sofa bed/rollaway, ask for a topper.

Sis had to beg for one. The mattress was thinner than my camping pad. With the topper the sheets and duvet will have to be stored somewhere else when the sofa is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 years later...

This is from the Princess website/ deck plans. You will have a wonderful aft corner

balcony! However, the Terrace pool will be above, but over, on the deck above.

But nobody will be looking directly down. You can find images online; click on images

when you do your search for "Crown Princess aft".

These features and deluxe amenities are standard in a Suite stateroom:

• Separate seating area with a sofa bed
  • Upgraded balcony furniture with room for four: two comfortable loungers, a table and two chairs
  • Complimentary mini-bar set-up
  • Walk-in closet with personal safe
  • Comfortable luxury pillow-top mattress
  • Twin beds that convert to a queen-size bed*  
  • 100% Egyptian cotton linens
  • Upgraded bathroom amenities and hair dryer
  • Two flat-panel satellite TVs
  • Evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow
  • Refrigerator
  • Writing desk and phone
  • 110V, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings
  • Daily housekeeping service