Celebrity River Cruise Connection

Got2Cruise

Hi does anyone have any information about the AMA-Celebrity connection mentioned in this thread -->http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2263316

Thanks for any input. I know we have plenty of Celebrity Cruisers on the River Cruise Board.

News to me, but I'd be interested in finding out more (I checked out the link but it's not got lot of information) I love Celebrity and would not hesitate to book a river cruise with them if the itinerary was what I'm looking for. Very interesting.

The link provided by Celebrity mentions Amras River Cruises, which is a different river cruise line than AMA Waterways. Based on a quick read of Celebrity's post, it appears they are marketing a vacation package that combines a river cruise on Amras and an ocean cruise on Celebrity.

Ok thanks. So does anyone know about Amras? Could you find future cruises? I could only see October 2015

The link provided by Celebrity mentions Amras River Cruises, which is a different river cruise line than AMA Waterways. Based on a quick read of Celebrity's post, it appears they are marketing a vacation package that combines a river cruise on Amras and an ocean cruise on Celebrity.

The link with AMA is to Adventures by Disney for selected family-oriented cruises on AMA's two newest ships.

Ok thanks. So does anyone know about Amras? Could you find future cruises? I could only see October 2015

I found an Amras web site. They are a German company and all of their ships are named Amadeus something. They have the usual roster of trips and in pricing one found them to be a little pricey in comparison. A-1 cabins on Amadeus Silver, Mozart deck are 172 sq. ft., have a french balcony and for a June departure begin at $5900 per person, not including air fare. All other cabins are the same size but have a window and fun around $3800 pp for same departure. It appears that a walking tour and some shore excursions are included, there is no mention of optional tours, nor did I find out if it's all inclusive as to drinks. There was no mention on their web site of a tie-in with Celebrity. I think their prices are a little high when I compare them to Vantage. But I've never sailed with them so I can offer nothing by comparison.

I found an Amras web site. They are a German company and all of their ships are named Amadeus something. They have the usual roster of trips and in pricing one found them to be a little pricey in comparison. A-1 cabins on Amadeus Silver, Mozart deck are 172 sq. ft., have a french balcony and for a June departure begin at $5900 per person, not including air fare. All other cabins are the same size but have a window and fun around $3800 pp for same departure. It appears that a walking tour and some shore excursions are included, there is no mention of optional tours, nor did I find out if it's all inclusive as to drinks. There was no mention on their web site of a tie-in with Celebrity. I think their prices are a little high when I compare them to Vantage. But I've never sailed with them so I can offer nothing by comparison.

I assume that Celebrity will be chartering the ship and will offer a different package of inclusions (with English as the main or only language) -- but I suspect we'll have to wait until a Celebrity-Amras passenger reports here to learn how it really works.

There's a thread over on the Celebrity forum about this tie-in and someone is scheduled to take one of these river cruises soon:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47854918&postcount=7

I have asked them to report on it in this forum, as well as in Celebrity.

I assume that Celebrity will be chartering the ship and will offer a different package of inclusions (with English as the main or only language) -- but I suspect we'll have to wait until a Celebrity-Amras passenger reports here to learn how it really works.

That's the point of my original post, it's really difficult to get any sort of information on this.

This is the report I could find:

http://www.travelweekly.com/River-Cruising/Insights/Hooking-up-with-an-ocean-line

Yes, it is Lüftner (Luftner) of Austria, they started a new company for the North-American market called Amras.

Cruises in conjunction with Celebrity are only given till October 2015, details are on a German website I cannot link to as it is also an online agency.

This is what Celebrity have on their website: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/rhine-caribbean-transatlantic

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid

I saw several of these Amadaus ships in the last couple of weeks. Sadly I did not pay attn to them. Saw some CroseEurope & ARosa boats too. The new Emerald ships and the 2 Scenic boats I saw were very very good looking...

I saw several of these Amadaus ships in the last couple of weeks. Sadly I did not pay attn to them. Saw some CroseEurope & ARosa boats too. The new Emerald ships and the 2 Scenic boats I saw were very very good looking...

Yeah, we saw quite a few of them too, and the only one I really tried to get a good look at was Croisi because they have a Guadalquivir River cruise in Spain that I haven't seen on anyone else's site that we are very interested in. I would have asked for a tour while we were rafted but every time I went through their lobby no one was there. There have been a few mediocre to negative reviews on them so I haven't booked them yet. Still considering just flying to Madrid then taking train to Barcelona and Alhambra OR taking Celebrity cruise that starts in Barcelona and includes Alhambra.

Are you feeling better?

Yeah, we saw quite a few of them too, and the only one I really tried to get a good look at was Croisi because they have a Guadalquivir River cruise in Spain that I haven't seen on anyone else's site that we are very interested in. I would have asked for a tour while we were rafted but every time I went through their lobby no one was there. There have been a few mediocre to negative reviews on them so I haven't booked them yet.

The Croisi ship you saw was probably quite different from the one they use on the Guadalquivir -- that one has to be ocean-rated for the sail between the Guadalquivir and the Guadiana rivers.

Hydrokitty, sadly I am soooo sick :(. We fly home tomorrow it's going to be a hellacious day to the West Coast. The airlines shoot them selves in the foot with penalties. I would reschedule if it was possible. My own bed sounds pretty good right now. By 1am west coast time Tuesday we will be in our own bed [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]!!!

Edited by JVilleGal

Hydrokitty, sadly I am soooo sick :(. We fly home tomorrow it's going to be a hellacious day to the West Coast. The airlines shoot them selves in the foot with penalties. I would reschedule if it was possible. My own bed sounds pretty good right now. By 1am west coast time Tuesday we will be in our own bed [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]!!!

You have my deepest sympathies....flying with a head cold is a special kind of misery!! :eek:

Edited by Hydrokitty

Yeah, we saw quite a few of them too, and the only one I really tried to get a good look at was Croisi because they have a Guadalquivir River cruise in Spain that I haven't seen on anyone else's site that we are very interested in. I would have asked for a tour while we were rafted but every time I went through their lobby no one was there. There have been a few mediocre to negative reviews on them so I haven't booked them yet. Still considering just flying to Madrid then taking train to Barcelona and Alhambra OR taking Celebrity cruise that starts in Barcelona and includes Alhambra.

Are you feeling better?

This sounds very interesting. We have traveled on most of the rivers in Europe and this would be a new one for us. I sent for a brochure :D. The cabins are small and there are a lot of passengers on board. Looking for something in 2017, so maybe by then there will be cruises geared toward Americans.

If you are up to some hiking, another approach to seeing the Guadalquivir area of southern Spain is the Fresco Tours "Andalucian Affair Tour" walking tour.

https://www.frescotours.com/tours_andalucia.asp

It starts in Cordoba, visits the Subbética Natural Park, Granada, the Sierra Nevada National Park, the famous pueblos blancos (White Villages), Sierra de Grazalema National Park, the Costa de la Luz, Jerez, and ends in Sevilla. No cruising, but an intimate (but luxurious) way to see Andalusia. [Our walk on the Camino de Santiago last year was a Fresco Tour, and I recommend them most highly. This tour is on the bucket list if our legs hold out!]

We leave on Oct 7th with Road Scholar for the combined land and river cruise on the Guadelqiver in Spain. Will let you all know it progresses. Pat

Will be waiting to hear about your trip Pat...I'm assuming you're on Croisi?

If you can take a few pictures of your cabin and what the walking is like in Alhambra. :D

Celebrity offered a number of river cruise & ocean cruise vacation packages this year. The information on them is/was on the Celebrity site under vacation packages.

As someone mentioned the river cruises are on Lueftner boats and Amras is a U.S. Marketing arm. Celebrity hasn't chartered the entire cruise but rather a block of cabins.

We booked one of the packages and leave next week. Our river cruise is on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Basel, we are then transferred to Zurich for a flight to Rome, one night in Rome and then on to the port to board the Reflection for the TA to Miami.

The package included all shore excursions, gratuities & wine/beer with lunch and dinner on the river cruise portion. Of course all transfers & the hotel in Rome are included. Also included was the Classis Drink package and OBC on the TA.

At some point after we booked Celebrity included air are, of course price went up.

I have been in contact with folks who were on one of these vacation packages in June and they reported that things were top notch.

Hope this helps clarify what these packages are.

Looked into this combo and website (after digging) notes that if you are a loyal Celebrity member you Do NOT rec loyalty points for the river cruise portion

Carole

Looked into this combo and website (after digging) notes that if you are a loyal Celebrity member you Do NOT rec loyalty points for the river cruise portion

Carole

We have been told that we will receive Captains Club points for all nights of the vacation package- that includes points for the river cruise portion of the trip.