Jolly Beach . . .

balanceok

We just returned from our Caribbean cruise and I wanted to comment on Jolly Beach.

We had originally planned on doing a day pass at Jolly Beach Resort, but the cab driver said there was no advantage in that and that the public offerings on the beach were just is good. He was right.

Jolly Beach is a great option if you want to spend the day at the beach. Taxi was $24 for both of us round-trip. ($6 pp each way) You pay for the trip on the return. This is a very nice long stretch of white sand with very calm water. There are plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas for $20 for two chairs, one umbrella. There are also places to eat and get drinks. They rent wave runners right there on the beach. Bathrooms were also clean.

Great place for couples and families. Water was very calm even though we had a lot of wind. Wasn't crowded either.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just there also. I took the bus for $2.00, rented a lounger for $5.00, then took the bus back for another $2.00. The beach was beautiful, nice white sand with the aqua waters. I would definitely go back to Jolly Beach again.

I was just there also. I took the bus for $2.00, rented a lounger for $5.00, then took the bus back for another $2.00. The beach was beautiful, nice white sand with the aqua waters. I would definitely go back to Jolly Beach again.

Would like info on the bus. Where do you get the bus from, etc. Thanks

Would like info on the bus. Where do you get the bus from, etc. Thanks

When I got out of the cruise port I asked a vendor where to go. He pointed to a street & said take a right, the bus station was on that street not far away. The street was the first street that runs in both directions. I took the right & walked a short distance, the bus station was on the right side of the street. Once there I asked one of the drivers which bus went to Jolly Beach, he said the one next to him. I checked with the next driver & he confirmed that was the bus I needed. Once at Jolly Beach the driver told me which way to walk & where to pick up the return bus. I walked to a guard shack & told the guard where I wanted to go, he gave me directions to the beach, then opened the gate to let me in.

I have bad knees so walking long distances is hard for me. These walks didn't bother me, so there weren't far walks. The beach & water were beautiful.