Tubing or Konoko Falls?

fourandtwo

We are going on our first cruise with a stop in Ocho Rios in Dec 2017. We dock at 10am and leave at 5pm. Our 4 kids will be 12, 10, 5, and 4. A lot of the ship excursions are out because of the ages of our littlest two.

I did get a quote for a private excursion from a reputable tour company. Their recommendation would be:

Trip to Konoko Falls, stop at a beach, lunch/shopping, and then tubing down the White River. The price, including transportation, is $80/adult and $60/kid, plus whatever our lunch cost is.

This seems too much to do in a day. Would you suggest Konoko Falls or tubing? The 4 year old would need to be in his own tube. Is it like a lazy river?

We are going on our first cruise with a stop in Ocho Rios in Dec 2017. We dock at 10am and leave at 5pm. Our 4 kids will be 12, 10, 5, and 4. A lot of the ship excursions are out because of the ages of our littlest two.

I did get a quote for a private excursion from a reputable tour company. Their recommendation would be:

Trip to Konoko Falls, stop at a beach, lunch/shopping, and then tubing down the White River. The price, including transportation, is $80/adult and $60/kid, plus whatever our lunch cost is.

This seems too much to do in a day. Would you suggest Konoko Falls or tubing? The 4 year old would need to be in his own tube. Is it like a lazy river?

We are leaving Saturday on the Allure. I just booked a private excursion to the Green Grotto caves and tubing. We have a 9 and a 4(almost 5) year old. I decided not to do any falls or the blue hole because my little guy is tiny for his age. I'll let you know about the tubing when we get back, if you want?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just returned from a cruise on the Carnival Vista, and one of our stops was Ocho Rios. We did a private tour through Courtney Taylor tours and one of the stops was Konoko Falls, which I honestly had never heard of, but am so glad we went! The grounds are beautiful, and you will have a guide there who will take you on a nice tour of the grounds, pointing out the different plants and even insects along the way! haha Once you finish touring the grounds you walk through a small zoo where they have different birds and lizards, and then down some wooden stairs to the bottom of the waterfall, which you can climb back to the top if you wish. I did it barefoot, which was fine, but I would use water shoes next time. There are lots of nice photo ops here. I was the only one climbing up the falls when we went, maybe not that many people know about Konoko Falls? I'm not sure, I just know it wasn't nearly as crowded as when I went to Dunns River Falls many years ago. I had a great time at Konoko and would recommend it without hesitation. Hope this helps! :)