Tahiti May 21, 2018. First timer needs help please!

KathiB

I made an error I alway shortened Air Tahiti Nui, it was Air Tahiti Nui. I have been flying to Europe and South America with American Airlines miles for over 20 years. I only use my miles for long haul, business. I have always been successful getting my ticket within 10 minutes at 3 am, 332 sometimes it is 331 days out. I am always prepared knowing every possible route to my destination on every partner airline. I make it easy for the person helping me. Yes, I always went through AA but with Tahiti Nui when I did it we had to go through the airline in 2013. I do not know how it is now. Any ticket I needed i have never failed doing it this way. Short flights I buy my ticket in economy. I am sure there are other ways to do it but this works for me.i have only used AA in the past and now I also use Amex and I have been just as successful. Happy Sailing

Thanks. We have been very successful getting free seats, sometimes roundtrip to Europe and back for our family of 4...as long as I call 330 days prior to the day we want to fly. We also have been doing this for almost 15 years. I too have always called American since our miles are with them. But it couldn't hurt to call Tahiti Nui and see if they know if they have released any free seats. In any case I am prepared to keep checking every few days and if worse comes to worse we will buy our tickets...just hoping we don't have to.

KathiB - Looks like we'll be on the cruise following yours. And we will be celebrating out 35th anniversary ( as well as my wife's birthday ) on that trip. I too had been weighing between PG and the Wind Spirit. Windstar had a huge leg up on the other guys because we did a cruise on the Wind Surf in Europe this May and it was absolutely wonderful. I am sure they'll have that same level of excellence in Tahiti. Plus for me, the ship just looks nicer - I've got a think for sails. So I'm curious, what was it that influenced your decision to go Windstar?

I have cruised on both Windstar (the Surf in the Med) and the PG and the difference was incredible. The PG might as well have been Royal Caribbean with the poor levelsof service and attitudes. No way I'd recommend them to anyone, ever.

Ducklite - Yeah - PG really didn't have much of a chance. I did check them out mostly because they were the only other choice. It really came down to 2 things for us. One was the service we experienced on the Wind Surf. Hard to really describe it, it's not white glove formal but more of a relaxed, yet efficient level of care. It seems they genuinely want to help you than have to help you. And not being overburdened due to the passenger to crew ratio, they can make it much more personal. I know other reviews had nice things to say about the crew on the PG, but between some of the negatives of theirs and a actually first hand experience on Windstar, it was not a tough choice. The second deciding factor came down to looking at pictures of the 2 ships. The PG just looks like a mini-mega ship but the Wind Spirit just looks so beautiful. It looks like a ship that travels the South Pacific.