Going price for a Disney Cruise

izziebee

Hi, I am hoping to book a 4 or 5 night Disney Cruise in the next year.

I am used to pricing on RCCL for a 7 night and how their sales work but have zero experience with DCL

Right now I am looking at a 4 night on either the Wonder or Dream March 18th or March 19th 2018 in a family suite for roughly $4700.00 (2 adults/2kids)

Is this a decent price? Should I be waiting for it to drop/for a sale?

Any input you can give is appreciated, I'm going to have to 'sell' this on the hubby and I'm sure he'll tell me that we can get a better price but I fear with Disney it's just not going to happen.

Thanks!

There typically aren't price drops or sales. The price will only increase as it gets closer. Only options for cheaper prices are to pick different dates, which of course may not be possible. We are going Nov 2017 on the Dream for four nights. 2 adults 3 children. Seems our price was just over $4200.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

First, you are cruising over spring break season--big bucks. Secondly, these prices are NOT for a suite. They seemed incredibly low to me so I looked it up. The rates that you quoted are for a Cat 4 cabin. This is a cabin that will sleep up to 5 people on the Magic and Wonder; the configurations of SOME are slightly different on the Dream and Fantasy. But in fairness, all cabins on DCL are roughly the size of "mini-suites" on some other lines.

Bottom line--you are cruising at an expensive time, probably because you have kids who are in school during the cheaper seasons. Secondly, DCL cruises increase in price as the ship fills; it is very rare to see a price drop. Your best bet is to book it now; if your plans change or you see a better deal, you can cancel up to the penalty date and get a full refund.

Two words - Do it!

As a money watching hubby, my wife had to push me pretty hard to get my family (3 kids in the 3, 5, 7-yo range) on a DCL 3-nighter. I almost had to be dragged onto the ship, and I was bitterly quoting the Raven (nevermore). Now I think I look forward to cruising more than anyone else in the family. I know there are a lot of variables - kids' ages, finances, other options (RCCL) - but I think you can probably sell it as, "Let's try it just once." It worked on me.

Thanks everyone! Surprisingly, the hubby was in agreement that we should book now so I have us booked on the Dream for 3/19! And yes, we have to pick this week due to kids in school and their spring break, I don't want to take them out of school. So I got us a balcony cabin, oversized verandah, back of the ship. So excited! Now, to start the countdown! ;p