First dcl cruise

CruiserRose

This is our first DCL cruise. we are familiar with cruising but NOT DCL.....

We are doing the Disney Magic. 4 Day Bahamas Cruise to Castaway Cay and Nassau.

Traveling in our party is myself, DW and our 6 year old Grand Daughter.

What is our must do?

What must we not miss?

Adult activity we can not miss?

Kid activity we have to do?

Let us know your thoughts...

We just posted a whole bunch of ideas the day before you posted almost the same question. You can refer to that one. I wrote a pretty long entry that really can be transferred to any ship with the exception of the Aquaduck info. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is our must do?

RELAX and know that you cannot do it all.

What must we not miss?

DO NOT miss your first dinner in Animator's Palate! And DO NOT leave early.AND make sure you have your camera ready when the lights dim. I don't want to spoil it, but trust me...

Adult activity we can not miss?

I have fun with tastings and/or mixology, but I can do a cruise without them. For me it's meeting Pluto and Donald and getting my hugs in!

OH! PALO BRUNCH on the sea day!!!! YES!!!! Put the kidlet in the club and enjoy yourselves alone for a couple of hours!

Kid activity we have to do?

Probably try to get tickets for Princess Gathering and Frozen M&G. But I don't have kids, so I don't know.

Other than putting the kid in the Club for a couple of hours while you indulge in Palo Brunch.

Definitely do Palo brunch or dinner -- adults only.

Realize that DCL is about enjoying the kid in all of us. My 76-year-old MIL took photos with every character on board the Wonder at Christmas time.

I love the stage shows. We all do.

Your granddaughter may love the kid's program, or she may not. Take her on the first day and see what she thinks. If she wants to spend time there, you and your wife can spend some time at the adult pool or in one of the lounges if that's something you like.

Have a great time!

Do note that kid programming on the first day (until dinner time) is "Open house" hours which means that an adult needs to remain with the child. The staff will be busy doing registrations and discussing procedures with parents and grandparents. Drop off "secure" programming will begin about dinner time on the first evening--check your Navigator for time if that is something you are interested in. I agree that it is a super idea to go to the open house hours with the child on the first afternoon. This allows both children and adults to be comfortable with the situation before using it as a "drop off."

At least one night, after dinner, stretch out on the bed and watch a good movie with your granddaughter. Order some cookies through room service. It's not exotic, but winding down at the end of the day is my favorite time. The Disney cabins are nice. Try to enjoy them at least a little bit.

About trivia-- is it All Disney all the time or are there more general topics. Also, what is kareoke like? Do they have a wide range of music or just Disney tunes?

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!

About trivia-- is it All Disney all the time or are there more general topics. Also, what is kareoke like? Do they have a wide range of music or just Disney tunes?

Trivia is all Disney themed and some can be pretty tough! Disney movies, Disney TV shows, Disney songs, Disney parks, Disney history...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not all Disney. I went to one that was about old TV shows (not Disney shows)...and it was super hard! I have also gone to 80's and 90's trivia where you name the tune and they play a small segment.

Karaoke had a wide range of songs.

Prepare for a full fun day at Castaway Cay. Bring lots of sunscreen or better yet a UV protection swim shirt for your granddaughter. Bring sand toys or buy them on the island for hours of fun.

If they have it one evening go to the adult activity "The Quest" while little one is at the kids club. Lots of fun for everyone!