Taxi to Bacardi

Teagysmom

We did this a few years ago. We took the ferry to the other side of the bay and there were taxi's/shuttles that we shared. Can't remember the price but it was cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did this 2 years ago. Take the ferry across (it was like .50 each way) make sure you get your ticket back at the same time. The line was super long purchasing tickets on the other side. When you get off the ferry there will be a bunch of cab drivers yelling 'Bacardi'. They will fill up the cab and off you'll go. It was super cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first stop for this cruise. Found out the ferry is discontinued for a while so it depends on when your cruise is. We took a bus to the ferry terminal in Catano, then a cab to Bacardi. Bus was 75 cents and cab was $12 for 2 people. We took a cab on the way back and it cost $35 (he said it's usually $45).

The Ferry runs all day long--most locals take the Ferry to San Juan jobs.

Take Ferry then walk 1 block to Taxi/vans they take you to Bacardi --No problem

just do the reverse coming back.. you will still have plenty of time in OSJ

Don't be alarmed if when you go in the ferry terminal to purchase tickets there's no agent in sight. My DH wasn't so sure and then suddenly someone appeared out of no where and we were GTG. As previously stated just get a round trip ticket on the SJU side

• 1 month later...

We did a Mixology Bacardi Rum Factory tour this week. It was so much fun! We got a bit of a tour around the factory and then we were instructed in making Bacardi cocktails. We all had our own equipment and followed the instructions we were given to make 3 cocktails, which obviously we had to taste! We also had a free welcome cocktail of our choice when we arrived, so were feeling very happy by the end of the tour!

We were allowed to take photos but not video while on the tour.

They had a shop that sold all the different types of Bacardi at competative prices, clothing and various other souvenirs.

We used the ferry from Old San Juan across the bay which only cost $1 each for a return journey.

Then there was a shuttle that took us to the Bacardi Factory. We though that was going to be free but it cost $3 each, so not expensive.

We had a lot of fun there.

• 2 weeks later...
How long is it to get to the Distillery? We arrive at 3pm and on their website they are open until 430. Do we have time?

I don't think you would have time to get there and do the tour before 4.30pm. However, if the last tour starts at 4.30pm, then you would have time to get there by then. Just take the ferry ($1 return fare per person) near where the ships dock at San Juan (not the Pam American dock) and then take a shuttle bus to the Bacardi Factory ($3 per person each way).

If you look at their website, I think there is more information about the various tours that are available and roughly how long they take.

Have a great time in San Juan :)

Edited by Martin and Lindsey

The ferry leaves from Pier 2. Just down the street from Pier 4 where the Carnival ships dock. Maybe a 5 minute walk .

Remember to buy a round trip ticket. makes life easier on the trip back.

We did a Mixology Bacardi Rum Factory tour this week. It was so much fun! We got a bit of a tour around the factory and then we were instructed in making Bacardi cocktails. We all had our own equipment and followed the instructions we were given to make 3 cocktails, which obviously we had to taste! We also had a free welcome cocktail of our choice when we arrived, so were feeling very happy by the end of the tour!

We were allowed to take photos but not video while on the tour.

They had a shop that sold all the different types of Bacardi at competative prices, clothing and various other souvenirs.

We used the ferry from Old San Juan across the bay which only cost $1 each for a return journey.

Then there was a shuttle that took us to the Bacardi Factory. We though that was going to be free but it cost $3 each, so not expensive.

We had a lot of fun there.

Where did you book this tour and how much was it? It sounds like a blast. [emoji4]

Where did you book this tour and how much was it? It sounds like a blast. [emoji4]

We did it on our own. We used the Ferry for $1 return per person. Then walked to where the shuttle to the Bacardi Factory was, which cost $3 per person each way.

When you get to the factory there are several tours you can choose from. We also got a welcome cocktail. We then booked the Mixology Tour when we got to the Bacardi Factory. Sorry, I don't remember how much the tour was, but think that the information is on their website. It was great fun! We got to keep the cups we put the third cocktail into, and took it away with us. We also bought a cocktail mixing kit from the shop!