Noordam, Port or Starboard, Which is Better??

retdon

I have a Starboard cabin reserved on Veranda deck near elevators and am thinking of switching to Port side. Any comments, Pro/Cons, etc. Wondering how she docks at our ports, Southern Caribbean schedule.

Seems like we always get a Starboard and thought we might try the other side for a change.......

I have a Starboard cabin reserved on Veranda deck near elevators and am thinking of switching to Port side. Any comments, Pro/Cons, etc. Wondering how she docks at our ports, Southern Caribbean schedule.

Seems like we always get a Starboard and thought we might try the other side for a change.......

I responded to your question on our Roll Call.

A cabin somewhere on the ship should be good :-) Aside from that, no matter as it can change based on many factors :-) If you want to be on the left for once, go to port! Otherwise stay starboard.

The only place it truly matters is smoking area placement, for example on X there's a smoking area midship on port side of 5 so if you are allergic you dont want a cabin right over it...i dont think you run that risk with where the HAL smoking areas are.

I will assume that you will be on the 11 day Carib cruise. If so, opt for port so that when the ship moves from Castries to Soufriere you will get a great view of the island. Additionally, when leaving Soufriere we sailed very slowly past the Pitons at twilight. Great view!

Agree with you, Jimmy2x. we have always had the best of luck on the port side. Maybe it was just chance but it worked out for us. We again have the port side for our next Noordam Southern Caribbean..... hope I didn't jinx the luck.

Regardless...... you will love it!!!!!!

Denny (& Karen) ;):p

Archived