Windstar alum question

jumelle

There are no cruises after April 8th available on their website. They have a message on the home page that it's coming soon but this is months already that nothing is available.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would imagine that they're also losing revenue as it's pretty hard to consider excursions without access. We've booked private ones for June but newer cruisers probably have not done so.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spoke to Windstar rep today. The new website is still being worked on. Website has been under construction since early November. My Windstar has my profile and past cruises. It doesn't show my upcoming reservations. It states that I do NOT have any future reservations. I am booked on 2 cruises in April and May 2017. I made my final payment a month ago. The rep did offer to read me the excursion descriptions. Those descriptions are on the web. She also offered to book excursions. However, she did not have any info on when and/or if the website would be fully working. I also questioned last week's letter from John Delaney offering past guests an extra $200 off. She said that neither of my cruises was listed. She then read me the list. Sure enough one of my cruises was on the list. She told me to have my TA call her. Not sure where this will go. Not feeling too confident about the pre-cruise experience. My previous cruises were fabulous. I can only hope that everything will be okay on the cruise.

Thanks for all the info above. I am on the Breeze TA in April and am a Windstar newbie. I haven't even been able to create a profile. Luckily there are no ports and thus no excursions to book. I will wait a week or so to see what happens, then will call them. I sincerely hope the ship operates better than this otherwise I am in BIG trouble.

Denise

Just talked to Windstar said website should be completely operational next week. We'll see .......

Received an E-mail on Thursday from Erik Tomren concerning Windstar website, which was suppose to be up and running correctly on 2/19/17. Now told that final corrections are being made and website should be good to go on 3/1/17. We'll see....

• 4 weeks later...

This is indeed puzzling that a company can't get their website up and running after nearly half a year! They apparently don't pay any attention to CC either because if this were Celebrity, they would have long ago noted the CC comments and placed an official company response on the thread(s). While we're not cruising with Windstar, first time, until August, we have gone ahead and easily, via websites, booked mostly private tours as opposed to trying to get through to Windstar on the phone.

Not a good way to run a cruise company in 2017.

I tried to login on MY Windstar today and I couldn't. Tried three times. I wanted to see the shore excursions for Seville which are omitted from the website for some reason. I am so frustrated right now. I may call them and complain!

I tried to login on MY Windstar today and I couldn't. Tried three times. I wanted to see the shore excursions for Seville which are omitted from the website for some reason. I am so frustrated right now. I may call them and complain!

I am also trying to look at shore excursions for Seville! We have a LOT of onboard credit due to a price drop and the price match guarantee, can't use it for gratuities, can't drink THAT much wine, so will be doing some shore excursions. If you get any info on Seville, let me know!

It's not just the website, they're pricing model is overly complex and its creating frustration for the customer, and probably for their staff and the travel agents they work with too.

I'm going to trust that these issues are confined to marketing and I.T. and have not migrated to onboard management.

• 2 weeks later...

windstar.com is not responding at all today. I went online in hopes that April 1st was the charm, but at the moment I can't get in at all.

My TA will do the excursions for us since he has to call in a whole bunch of payment in any case (apparently even TAs don't have a system to do things like make routine payment) and he is reporting huge "on hold" times even on the TA lines this week.

Edited by milepig