Wind Surf---drink prices

xsnowman99

Anyone have an approximation of the cost of mixed drinks? glass of wine? I am trying to decide if I want to do 'drink package' or not. While I can somewhat do it justice, not sure I can actually drink the daily value and still walk the deck! thanks for the help.

The salesperson on the phone stated something similar. My wife and I did not take the drink package. I think we will be able to check out bill the first day and see how we do. I'd like to hear from someone who did not take the drink package and what they ended up spending.

We did not take the package in our 3 WS cruises. We were out all day, having a drink somewhere on the island and returning to the ship late afternoon. We would usually get a cocktail before dinner, a glass of wine and maybe a beer or two in the evening. I would say we would spend 30$/day per person. But that's us.

Soft drink, tea and coffee and virgin drink (sans alcohol) are free.

Forgot to mention. You can bring 2 bottle of wine in your stateroom.

I just got a detailed itinerary confirmation where I got the beverage package free through the Star Perks promotion. It says, Beverage Package: $54 per day +15% gratuities. You'd be paying $108 a day plus tips for two people.

You do have to drink at least five drinks a day to come close to breaking even if you pay for it. I think most people are not going to get their money's worth from purchasing the drink package.

Hate to start a new thread for such a minor enquiry, so will ask in here.

I recently travelled with Princess Cruises, had a fine time but their red wine glasses were something you might be offered at Denny's. Will I have to bring my own wine glasses on my upcoming Windstar cruise, or do they take wine drinking seriously and provide decent stemware?

Hate to start a new thread for such a minor enquiry, so will ask in here.

I recently travelled with Princess Cruises, had a fine time but their red wine glasses were something you might be offered at Denny's. Will I have to bring my own wine glasses on my upcoming Windstar cruise, or do they take wine drinking seriously and provide decent stemware?

We found the wine glasses to be the appropriate size for their white wine glasses and their red wine. They don't skimp at all. They like to keep you happy. They are also quick to learn your preferences and are great at pairing for dinners

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

This is kinda off message but I found you had to put your foot down for Reidel stemware while on Princess. When I was told that they didn't have them in a particular restaurant I asked them to go to another. I advised them that they list this type of stemware so they should be available. They sell good wine so why ruin the experience with average wine glasses.

Thank you for the encouraging responses.I won't be packing wine glasses.

Cruisedreamer, I sailed with Princess last September to Alaska. I eventually found decent stem ware in their Crown Grill specialty restaurant. I was heading out the door with the glass unfinished, when out of nowhere the ships chief maitre'd snatched it out of my hand. 😀

Thank you for the encouraging responses.I won't be packing wine glasses.

Cruisedreamer, I sailed with Princess last September to Alaska. I eventually found decent stem ware in their Crown Grill specialty restaurant. I was heading out the door with the glass unfinished, when out of nowhere the ships chief maitre'd snatched it out of my hand. 😀

When are you cruising on Windstar and where? You won't be treated like that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Just back from Windsurf and had a great time, sadly the entire cabin needs to get a drink package, so if you are sharing and one person doesn't want the package you are stuck

Yes, all adults in the cabin need to purchase the package.

• 6 months later...

We know people who bring bottles of wine. If you want to bring it to dinner, you will be charged corkage fee. On a recent trip, Glitter and Glam, we met guests in a local wine shop doing tastings. The ship's wine steward was there. It was a fun time. Everyone bought wine back to the ship. As long as you only bring a few bottles, nobody will stop you.