Kennedy Space Center AFTER cruise?

cltdad

Thoughts about this? Most reviews say that you could spend a whole day there. We will have a car so I don't want to pay twice as much for the Disney Port Adventure. If you are in the late seating can you get off the boat by 8:30 or so and get over to KSC by 9-9:30 if you've parked in the lot there at the port? Did anyone do any of the add-ons and, if so, were they worth it? Also, seems like discounts are hard to find. Any secrets? Thanks!

You can get off the ship any time you wish after it is cleared by Customs. Yes, with late seating, you can exit about 8:30. You can also opt to have breakfast at Cabanas (serving ends at 8:30), and by doing that you can exit the ship earlier. If you are on one of the larger ships, claiming luggage in the terminal and getting thru Customs can take a while. You could choose to keep your luggage with you and do a "self-disembarkation" after you finish eating. That will enable you to get to KSC earlier.

The days of complimentary tickets from your senator or representative are gone. I don't know of any other discounts--sorry.

you can save a couple of dollars getting tickets thru AAA but nothing special and so far as I know only thru adv purchase thru AAA, not at the gate.

I really like the 'early space tour' but there is enuf to do with the basic admission if it is your first time ....

If you wish, you can ask your head waiter to arrange an earlier MDR breakfast for you. A lot of people do not go to the MDR on the last morning so there are always empty tables. You could be off the ship and in your car by 7:45, even if you do not keep your luggage with you. We found that in PC, keeping your luggage will not save you much time. In Galveston, we disembarked by group and luggage from later groups was not off the ship while we were getting ours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you wish, you can ask your head waiter to arrange an earlier MDR breakfast for you. A lot of people do not go to the MDR on the last morning so there are always empty tables. You could be off the ship and in your car by 7:45, even if you do not keep your luggage with you. We found that in PC, keeping your luggage will not save you much time. In Galveston, we disembarked by group and luggage from later groups was not off the ship while we were getting ours.

Note that this is a function of terminal space--when possible, DCL uses the same policy as at PC where all luggage is placed in the terminal in color coded/character coded groups and passengers may disembark at will. This happens in the other larger terminals that they use (like Barcelona). In smaller terminals like Galveston there is not sufficient space to place ALL of the luggage out by the usual 7:30 disembarkation announcement. At those locations, they must ask passengers to disembark by groupsl

And that is a good point--if for any reason you don't like your breakfast time, talk with the head server. There are always people with early flights who want to change to an early breakfast and those who wish to sleep in a little so prefer late breakfast. They will accommodate you as far as possible. However, you may not be seated with your same serving team if you request a time change.

You can do carry-off and get off as early as possible based on customs clearance. We ate in the buffet, were off the ship by 8:00 and were at Magic Kingdom in time for Rope Drop at 9:00.

Kennedy Space Center is great. Neither of us had been there since we were kids, so going as an adult was a great experience. I highly recommend it...especially the Atlantis Experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums