1st Time P&O Cruiser, drinks package

vinniega64

been with most other cruise firms, but this is the first time with P&O,

Sailing on the Britannia in November going round the Caribbean,

usually get a drinks package, but notice P&O only offer a wine package,

However, somebody was telling me that P&O allow you to bring alcohol on the ship at embarkation, and also when you visit ports, does anybody have any more information on this, is it true?

Thanks

Edited by vinniega64

Yes it is true! You can take "reasonable" amounts of alcohol on board. Dont ask the definition of reasonable though! We have taken half a dozen bottles of wine and not been challenged.

At the moment, alcoholic drinks packages are not offered, other than the wine packages.

If you have time, buy your spirits in duty free at the port in Barbados. Much cheaper and saves carrying it. We took on 4 litres (spread across 5 adults) with no problem. You can also take mixers on. Finally you can buy wine, spirits and mixers on the room service menu for in cabin consumption at reasonable prices. P&O are extremely relaxed in this respect compared to US lines.

You can only drink it in your cabin. If they catch you with it elsewhere, it will cost you dearly!

why what do they do we saw people come out of their cabins with drinks and then went back to re-fill if P & O are as good at sorting that out as the sun bed situation then guess loads of people do it??

what I should say not loads of people just the 2 couples in the cabins facing ours

doesn't bother me what they do really as I am on holiday I just found it amusing as it was so obvious what they were doing just interested in what P & O do about it or have done about it in the past