Balcony Cabins Azura

Babs02

Any tips for good Balcony cabins.

We are looking, probably, at either deck A or B. It will probably be near stern or front of ship as DD will be in a inside cabin solo, so looking at the cheapest option for her, but still want a decent balcony for us all to spend time in.

We did a cabin on RCI Navigator of the Seas near the back but it was very noisy. Would prefer to avoid noisy cabins.

We would also be sailing Bay of Biscay, so may be rough.

We usually choose decks with cabins above & below us. Was considering a balcony on back of ship what are these like?

Any advice would be helpful being first cruise on P & O. Thanks

Any tips for good Balcony cabins.

We are looking, probably, at either deck A or B. It will probably be near stern or front of ship as DD will be in a inside cabin solo, so looking at the cheapest option for her, but still want a decent balcony for us all to spend time in.

We did a cabin on RCI Navigator of the Seas near the back but it was very noisy. Would prefer to avoid noisy cabins.

We would also be sailing Bay of Biscay, so may be rough.

We usually choose decks with cabins above & below us. Was considering a balcony on back of ship what are these like?

Any advice would be helpful being first cruise on P & O. Thanks

Best deck for Balconies on Azura is deck C - they are much larger than any other deck on this ship. But they sell quickly. If you are booking early ish, dont be put off by there being apparently "none available" - they dont release them all together. My friend has been caught out by this.

The aft cabins are nice - but be aware of some of them having stanchions running through the balconies on them, and some can be fairly well shaded. Have a look on

http://Www.tomscruiseblog.co.uk. "Azura and ventrura balcony resource" - very helpful.

You will feel the movement a lot more if you have an aft cabin.

Would you consider your DD sharing with you? (You dont say how old she is) If so you could run to a D deck, superior deluxe cabin which has a sofa bed (rather than a pullman) - these cabins are quite a bit larger than the standard cabins and would accomodate 3 very well but you woild save by your DD being the third person in a cabin. The balconies on D deck are also a good size, although not quite as big as C deck, but bigger than A& B decks. They are howver overlooked and have no shade.

Do ask away if there is anything more you want to know. I have some photos of D deck cabins if you are interested.

Edited by Mysticalmother

Thanks for the reply and link. (Mysticalmother)

DD would not share she is 28, so is paying for herself, but due to single supplement trying to keep price down.

We usually have cabins in middle-back of ship except on NOS. But movement has never been a problem. Even when we last did Bay of Biscay in May. Noise is more my concern from rudder etc. That is why we usually have cabins above and below, to avoid noise from entertainment etc.

We are trying to get cabins close together which is where the problems are coming from. Otherwise she could have had a single on deck F.

Hi Babs,

Just got a really good deal on a deluxe cabin so check with your agent

Thanks, we're looking at August so prices are higher anyway. May book with P & O direct as they have good offers of OBC at moment

I agree C deck balcony cabins are the best option for a standard balcony.The cabin is the same size as on other decks but the balcony is nearly twice as big ,half covered and half open but overlooked from above.( we didnt find this a problem)

We have also been in a superior deluxe cabin which is much larger and has a larger bathroom with bath and a sitting area with sofabed which is plenty big enough for three people.The balcony is a bit smaller than on C deck but completely overlooked with no shade.

Regarding stern cabins we found that you do feel more movement.We were in the Caribbean so I expect you may feel more in the Bay of Biscay so maybe not a good idea.

Thanks, we're looking at August so prices are higher anyway. May book with P & O direct as they have good offers of OBC at moment

You would still get OBC if you booked via a travel agent and maybe a bit of discount from them as well.Worth trying!

Wouldn't the front of the ship have more motion than the back?

We have found that there is slightly more movement at the front than the back.

We always try to get one of the cabins looking out over the stern as the balconies tend to be larger, unlike the balconies on the sides there is no breeze so you can sit out even on windy days and there is no foot traffic so it is very quiet.

We have found that there is slightly more movement at the front than the back.

We always try to get one of the cabins looking out over the stern as the balconies tend to be larger, unlike the balconies on the sides there is no breeze so you can sit out even on windy days and there is no foot traffic so it is very quiet.

We are looking at a stern cabin not tried one before. There are some available.

Having checked our cruise we have a choice of Deck C at the front of the ship or Deck B at the Stern with Stanchion running through.

Cabin B750 is 276 sq ft with stanchion or B754 237 sq ft, grade HD. or Deck C grade HE.

Any help in choosing would be great. Originally avoided front of ship because of being Bay of Biscay, but advice would be great?

Anyone with photos of B750 would also be helpful

Thanks

Go for C deck...hav been in rear cabin..with Sanction running through..only

briefly, while we were waiting to disembark, and hated it.

I would avoid that at all costs.

We have had c deck cabin few times now and always between c247 and c 215, and would always choose that area.

C deck balcony also always tend to go first.

Let me know if I can help further, and enjoy your cruise.

Go for C deck...hav been in rear cabin..with Sanction running through..only

briefly, while we were waiting to disembark, and hated it.

I would avoid that at all costs.

We have had c deck cabin few times now and always between c247 and c 215, and would always choose that area.

C deck balcony also always tend to go first.

Let me know if I can help further, and enjoy your cruise.

Have you done Bay of Biscay at the front of the ship in these cabins? My main concern is that 3 of us need to sit on balcony. We have gone for Caribe deck on Princess and it comfortably sat 4 of us.

Have done bay of biscay few times, but on Oriana and Oceana, and side /mid front

It's generally 50/50 chance of it being bit rough in b.o.b. but would have thought you,have a better chance of it not being so rough in August.

We went through once in October, and it was horrendous, but that would not make me give up a c deck balcony if I had the chance. They are very spacious, and plenty enough room for 4 to sit, but the b deck with stanchion is not a particularly social space, and those stanchions are huge, and right down the middle of the balcony, plus it's a more shaded balcony.

C deck has the best of both worlds, where you can sit in the sun, or in the shade.

For me,if that b deck was the only balcony left, that would be a deal breaker, and I would book an alternative cruise.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike rear balconies, we had rear suite twice on Oceana, but they were totally different balconies.

I have seen photos on here of b deck balconies, so maybe you,could put it in the search section, and see what comes up...hopefully someone will post one for you.

Also if it is rough, chances are you wont be in your cabin all the time anyway,

And tbh if it is rough, it's going to be a pain wherever you are, so I wouldn't choose a balcony for the sake of one day out, and one day back.

Whatever you decide, make the choice that you feel is right for you and your family. Chances are, you will go through a calm b.o.b.

Have done two transatlantics on Azura and her sister ship Ventura both times in C deck cabins towards the aft usually a couple of cabins down from the lifts/stairs. Never had problems with noise or motion sailing across the BOB.

In fact we are on Azura for a tranatlantic this year again in a C deck cabin towards the back of the ship, have had a cabin a couple of times at the front on C deck and personally found more motion this end.

Have stayed in C202 nice C deck cabin with larger balcony right forward the advantage of this cabin you can use the forward lift straight up to the pool deck or Oasis spa deck, also if you want a snack or a drink from the pool bar and take back to the cabin. We were on a cruise from New Orleans down the Mississippi to the Caribbean so not across BOB, but I have not ever had really bad weather across BOB either. We have been on a ship in hurricane force winds between Corsica and Sardinia now that was an experience!

The cabins on c deck are 201 & 202 which are right forward otherwise b deck would be b754 without stanchion. Have decided to avoid stanchion.

Anyone stayed in these?

We did not stay in B754 but we did stay in B755 which is the same but on the Starboard side we really liked it. We always try to get one of these back view cabins as they are usually quiet with little or no passing traffic.

Hi stayed in B748 two years ago, on same section as the cabin you are looking at. Lovely private area of ship, great views, no real movement from ship slight noise from the wake but loved it. Sailing again on Azura in summer and have the same cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
Well at least you have recognised the condition and taken the right medicine!:D

Suffering from the same condition, I have realised that a constant drip feed is the best way of keeping stable and keeping the pangs under control.

The medicine I am looking at for this purpose is called buying a cruise under a Saver fare, but I am a bit concerned about the side effects.

Has anyone any experience of booking a balcony on Azura under Saver? Do they tend to be OK?

Edited by Scriv

Hi,just returned of Azura yesterday from Eastern Caribbean.

We had a suite,E733 Aft.

The cabin next door, was a standard cabin with a beam running through.

This cut the sitting space by at least 30% and made it look very small,so personally,I would not use a basic cabin at the Aft

Our first week sailing north,we had some sun early morning,but mainly shaded.

On our second week sailing back to Barbados,we had sun from about 2:00pm and sunset views.

There is a large overhang on e deck,but it gets slightly less as you go higher or so it seams.

We loved the Aft suite,although some vibration is experienced when docking,this was not a problem for us.It was great for sail aways,and very quiet from passing passengers.

Also the lifts in that area go straight to the planet bar and rear pool area where it's mainly adults166d1fcc4bfcd59380580c1d1fdb85f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app