Retaking a cruise?

cruisefan2012

Hmm........ must confess to doing the same itineraries several times: Baltic, Caribbean, Adriatic/Aegean......... and Norway. Perhaps our favourite being the Fjords. Magical. Most ports of call you can find different things to do - but at some just doing the same thing again is pure joy!

Thinking of booking it again when the new brochure is out, will have to be on Britannia and will have to have a balcony, its so nice opening the curtains in the morning to a new city/country, great to sit on the balcony with a cuppa tea watching the world go passed or reading my kindle on the balcony

I went to Stavanger, Flaam, Olden, Bergen on Azura in 2012 - was fantastic !!

Just picked a random cruise on Britannia for this year to the Fjords and was looking at the excursions, theres new ones from what I remember before to the destinations I mentioned above - so would have to go check them out !!

Edited by cruisefan2012

I haven't re-done a cruise yet but I would happily re-do all (just 4!) of my cruises again as there were things in most ports I didn't get to do.

Funnily enough Norway is top of that list! We went in late April and it was cold and the waterfalls were still frozen so I want to go again in the summer. Ideally I would like at least one different port - Alesund looks lovely!

Yes Alesund is a pretty town with great views from the top of Mt Aksla which overlooks the town and easy to DiY. Geiranger and the magnificent sail in down Geiranger Fjord takes some beating but doing a trip which goes further up to the North Cape incorporates even more wonderful scenery - different, not so mountainous but stunning nevertheless. Such places as the Lofoten Islands, Trondheim, Kristiansund with the nearby Atlantic Road and the very beautiful city of Tromso certainly make it worthwhile venturing further north in Norway. Would love to do it all again!

I haven't done many cruises, but have done the fjords twice :). Would happily do that one every year:)

We are doing one to France/Spain/guernsey in May, we did this itinerary 4 years ago. We like to cruise from Southampton and usually only have 1week, so not a lot of choice.

I have done a Fjords 7 night cruise twice. The first time was with my husband and then a few year's later a friend who had never cruised before asked if I would go with her so I went again. Some of the ports were different, some were the same but it was just as magical and enjoyable the second time - first time was on Oriana, second time on Arcadia.

One day in port only ever gives you a snapshot.

We have been to Olden and Stavanger twice and did different things each time. The scenery is the same, the weather unlikely to be.

Second time in the fjords we had lots of rain, not too good for scenery, but excellent for waterfalls!

After a cruise visit to Lisbon we have since spent a holiday in Cascais and visited the city a couple of times as one day wasn't long enough to appreciate it.

Since my husband can no longer fly we are quite restricted so we have done many itineraries more than once. We don't mind because we are only in each port for a day so there is always something new to see in each port. If you think that on a 2 weeks land based holiday you have fourteen days so you need to do fourteen cruises to that port to see what you would have seen on your 2 weeks holiday.

We have done 4 cruises, two on Oceana in the same cabins. All have been around the Med. One was 7 days, one was 12 days and two were 14 days. We are booked to go on Ventura for the second time, and again to the Med with only the port Cannes being new to us. We are going to Rome (for the fourth time and when I asked if we would bother going into Rome again, I was told we definitely would). Would love to go to the Fjords maybe next year!

You could mix it up by going to Iceland that way you revisit Fjords and go somewhere new at the same time.

I agree with Florry's idea. Go to some of the same places but with new ports added is a sensible idea as you will be able to remember previous locations and discover new. Iceland is outside of the box thinking.

Regards John

Edited by john watson