Ventura

Mmaazzaa

We had an 'obstructed' or maybe 'part obstructed' , cabin on Ventura once and it was fabulous and in my view not obstructed at all. it was right at the front on E deck with the raised bit of the Prom deck outside the window (which was mirrored glass so no-one could see in) so nothing blocking our view at all.... it was also very quiet as no-one needed to walk past our cabin ....we would definitely choose it again....it was E102 :)

We had an 'obstructed' or maybe 'part obstructed' , cabin on Ventura once and it was fabulous and in my view not obstructed at all. it was right at the front on E deck with the raised bit of the Prom deck outside the window (which was mirrored glass so no-one could see in) so nothing blocking our view at all.... it was also very quiet as no-one needed to walk past our cabin ....we would definitely choose it again....it was E102 :)

The view of stateroom E102 is available but you have to click on the Azura information just below cabin L107 "If you cannot see the stateroom you require....click on the Azura bit.....then click on same stateroom in that list. Ventura and Azura are sisters.

Regards John

Thank you Jenny and John. You have been really helpful, I looked at the cabin and agree it's just fine. My daughter stayed in a part obstructed cabin on Azura last year positioned over the glasshouse. Part of a tender in the view line but not too bad and proved to be a quiet spot too. I have had cabins I would not go in again- John is there a facility anywhere you know of where you can add a review of cabin experience? The photo section you directed me to was so useful. Thank you :)

Having followed the instructions on the P&O website regarding looking at Azura where information is not given for specific cabins. I am of the opinion that for some cabins this is misleading. I have remembered that in small areas Azura and Ventura are radically different. E102 is such an area. The Balcony Cabins on Azura (within the range E101 - E110) are "Metal Fronted" and do not have a glass lower panel plus have an overhang shading the balcony. The same cabins (with an extended range of E101 - E119) on Ventura are Obstructed Oceanview Cabins, they do not have a balcony, I believe they have the same overhang plus a deck outside with people walking past your mirror window. It is possible to work this out with close inspection of the brochure deck plans.

Incidentally the Balcony Cabins on the Aft of Azura on Rivieira (numbers R746 - R749) are really nice however the same cabins on Ventura (numbers R746 - R749) are Oceanview cabins). I have stayed in the extreme starboard one on Ventura and found it excellent.

The P&O website has reviews on it and you could post cabin reviews but I do not know if it has to be after cruising on a specific voyage.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I was allocated cabin E516 (guarantee booking) at Christmas which I described as having a "breathtaking view of the lifeboat" in that I could see the sea through the sides of the lifeboat! Did make the cabin a little darker, but didn't really care that much as was on deck when the sun came out!

I've booked E620 for my cruise in March which looks to be at the end of a lifeboat, so might have a little bit more of a view.

Bon voyage

Karen

We've had part obstructed cabins on both Ventura and Azura (layout is the same). Each time I selected carefully to get cabins between two life boats, and both times had good views. You get an even better view if they use 'your' lifeboat for exercises or tenders. Just watch out when you throw back your curtains on a port day though as you are quite likely to find a lifeboat technician outside your window working on the boat! 😁

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk