Changed cabin and have suddenly lost OBS

TinyDancer12

Hi,

This evening I rang P&O as looking at the location of the cabin I chose when we booked the select price in October, I've decided it is too near the front.

We are off to fjords, and I'm thinking that sea could be choppy, so would rather be closer to the back.

Anyway, lovely man gave me an option of an alternative, slightly higher grade cabin and the difference in price was around £50-70. So, I happily agreed and he said he might need to take an additional bit of deposit.

All fine so far, but when he made the change it didn't ask me for any payment and he just said 'oh it is fine, it has come off OBS credit'.

When we booked in Oct we chose additional OBS as our Select Benefit as there was a promotion on.

I've just been emailed the updated booking confirmation and the majority of our OBS has disappeared. Far more than the £50-70 difference he told me it would cost. :-(

The lines have now closed for this evening but I wondered if anyone knows whether I'll be able to get it back as it was the main reason we chose to book select rather than early saver - the good OBS promotion. :-(

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This evening I rang P&O as looking at the location of the cabin I chose when we booked the select price in October, I've decided it is too near the front.

We are off to fjords, and I'm thinking that sea could be choppy, so would rather be closer to the back.

Anyway, lovely man gave me an option of an alternative, slightly higher grade cabin and the difference in price was around £50-70. So, I happily agreed and he said he might need to take an additional bit of deposit.

All fine so far, but when he made the change it didn't ask me for any payment and he just said 'oh it is fine, it has come off OBS credit'.

When we booked in Oct we chose additional OBS as our Select Benefit as there was a promotion on.

I've just been emailed the updated booking confirmation and the majority of our OBS has disappeared. Far more than the £50-70 difference he told me it would cost. :-(

The lines have now closed for this evening but I wondered if anyone knows whether I'll be able to get it back as it was the main reason we chose to book select rather than early saver - the good OBS promotion. :-(

Thanks in advance.

Tricky one this. Def ring them back about this tomorrow. We have paid to upgrade to a better cabin, paid a higher deposit , and kept our OBS.

Didn't know they could take the increased deposit from your OBS.

I am wondering when he did it, if the increased cost of the better cabin (based on when you originally booked ) was considerably more expensive . His £50-£70 was maybe a guess ,based on current prices. Usually when you upgrade cabin prices are based on original booking cost.

Do come back and let us know how you got on.

Hi,

Well, rang P&O up this morning and the lady was great. She could see clearly that we'd lost all our credit so she has put this back on, and just added the increase for the cabin upgrade to the balance we need to pay at the end of Feb.

Phew!

I think the increase is still more than we anticipated - £240. But certainly not the £400 of OBS!

A good friend suggested that the evening P&O contact centre staff are not as highly trained as the ones during the day, so that may have had something to do with the confusion.

So, if you're thinking of making any complex changes, I'd probably ring during the day if you can.