Bring Water bottles on board

Amor de Madre

My DH is a diabetic and drinks lots of crystal light, and sugar free diet sodas although not a big fan of coke. I was planning on bringing onboard a six pack of soda and 12 bottles of water. I know Princess will deliver water to your cabin if you tag it but not so sure about Celebrity as I was told they frown on this and could also confiscate at embarkation. Has anyone experienced this firsthand?

YEs. I have seen cruisers carrying LOTS of water and soda onboard. If you put a luggage tag on it when you arrive, I think they still dleiver to your stateroom.

I question how much longer that will last. I really wonder about everything on the ships as they move to charging for more and more things. With bottled water now being a revenue source, will they continue to allow passengers to avoid paying them more money? As they open more and more revenue-generating specialty restaurants and snack places, will they stop permitting pax to carry on their own food (using health regs as an excuse)?

I know this may sound facetious, but if you had suggested to passengers in the 70's or 80's that they would be asked to pay for a bridge or engine room tour - or to eat in a lower class dining room unless they were willing to fork out for a "specialty" dining room that had white-glove service and higher-end entrees, how would they have responded?

j

Guest maddycat

We were on RCCL's Explorer last month. We packed 12 bottles of water in a cardboard box, attached a preprinted luggage tag to the box and gave it to the porter with the rest of our luggage. It was delivered to our cabin with our suitcases. We plan on doing the same thing when we sail on the Summit in April.

I question how much longer that will last. I really wonder about everything on the ships as they move to charging for more and more things. With bottled water now being a revenue source, will they continue to allow passengers to avoid paying them more money? As they open more and more revenue-generating specialty restaurants and snack places, will they stop permitting pax to carry on their own food (using health regs as an excuse)?

I know this may sound facetious, but if you had suggested to passengers in the 70's or 80's that they would be asked to pay for a bridge or engine room tour - or to eat in a lower class dining room unless they were willing to fork out for a "specialty" dining room that had white-glove service and higher-end entrees, how would they have responded?

j

It's relative. Daily bottled water is provided, free of charge, in all AquaClass cabins.

I think we are missing the point in some of the posts. From what I read it is not whether water is or is not available it is the level/type of purificaiton which is critical for those using medical equipment on board.

If there is any concern about being prohibited from bringing water on board - and this has not been forbidden and there is no evidence of this starting now apart from one post reporting a conversation with a misinformed call centre rep who was clearly trying a shady upsell effort re the new water packages - then I would contact the special needs department by email to get their confirmation that you can bring water on board. You would then be advised to carry a copy of this email with you just in case.

X has always in recent years

sold hard liquor but prohibited you from bringing your own on board

sold wine but limited you to bringing two bottles on board

sold soda and water on board but did not limit you from bringing you own on board

The soda packages were introduced some time ago but this had no impact on what soda could be brought onboard

Following this logic, why would the new water package mean any changes re the ability to bring water on board

Archived