LGBT Cruisers

OzPinoyCruiser

I live in Las Vegas with my husband. We caught the cruise bug last summer in the Med and are scheduled for another on the Regal next year. OzPinoyCruiser: that's one fine city you live in!

You are welcome here. Just let us know if you come and visit and we are happy to host or show you around at least... c",)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello fellow GLBT Cruisers. I'm Briañ and my partner Stephen off 19 years live in Chicago. We leave this Saturday, Sept. 5th on the NCL Getaway. A week long cruise to the Eastern Caribbean leaving from Miami. This my 17th cruise, 7th on NCL. We haven't been on an all Gay Cruise. 2000 GAY Men in a confined space for a week is a bit much for us LOL. NCL is quite Gay Friendly. Their ships hold a " Friends Of Dorthy" cocktail hour every night in one of the bars on board. I hope everyone enjoys their upcoming cruises. Be Well!!! Brian

Happy Cruising Mates!!!

Very nice thread. Mike here from Gainesville FL. Currently have 5 cruises booked. One more this year, and four booked for next year. Guess I'm addicted LOL. Very excited to be cruising to Bermuda next year for the first time!

Hello to everyone. :)

Cruising is indeed addictive lol! Oh we will be your area next year. We will be on Harmony TA cruise from Spain to Florida then catch another ship from NY to Eastern Caribbean with Anthem Nov 2016. Happy Cruising Mate!

Hi to All,

Thanks for posting this thread. We are currently in Tampa, FL and as you can see from our signature, have been on a few cruises. We are leaving the end of this month to finally try Celebrity for our honeymoon. Got married in July after 27+ years together. :D We have been on a couple of the RSVP cruises and really enjoyed them. We are in our mid-forties and seem to fit perfectly with the crowd (are also by no means gym bodies and have never been in a pool on a cruise). We have booked another for February since it has been a while. The charters can really be anything you want. If you want to stay up half the night you can, but you don't have to. Just make sure you book a room further down or above wherever the parties are happening.

Glad to see so many of you enjoying the cruising world. We cannot believe it has already been 10 years since our first cruise. We plan to do some longer ones once we leave the working world. My (Richard) current itinerary to salivate over is San Diego to Sydney (30 days).

When are you planning to to the San Diego to Sydney cruise? We might do the Seattle to Sydney In 2016 with Explorer... Say hi to us when you come and visit Sydney and we will be happy to show you around... c",)

Hey everyone! Husband and I are from Washington, DC.

Have done a couple of Carnival cruises, one Princess cruise (which was amazing) and am currently counting down to the Carnival Liberty leaving Oct. 4 out of San Juan!!

Welcome to the thread! Happy cruising mates!!! Greetings from Land down under...

My partner and I live in White Plains, Maryland.....a suburb of Washington, DC. We took our first cruise last September and we're instantly hooked. We're looking forward to our next cruise in April 2016.

Just keep cruising!!! Keep in touch to the group via this thread...

Hi everyone! Where is everyone from? We are a gay couple based in Sydney Australia.

Hi Everyone - we're from Nova Scotia, Canada.

Our next cruise is one of the Carnival "Journey" sailings on January 23, 2016 on the Glory. :) We haven't been to 4 of the 7 ports so we are looking forward to the variety.

:):)

Hi Everyone - we're from Nova Scotia, Canada.

Our next cruise is one of the Carnival "Journey" sailings on January 23, 2016 on the Glory. :) We haven't been to 4 of the 7 ports so we are looking forward to the variety.

:):)

Hi all. I live and work in Toronto Canada, my gf lives and works in Buffalo NY, USA (mostly - sometimes her job takes her to other parts of the state or eastern US for brief periods of time). I've been on a few cruises but always as the "straight nice girl next door" type, from being a teen on an Epirotki ship, to a honeymooner on Royal Caribbean, to the mother of some mini-travellers on NCL, MSC and Royal Caribbean. This is my first as "the bi girlfriend"!

To be fair to my wonderful gf, all but one of those cruises took place before I self-identified as queer. I didn't stay in the closet too terribly long after figuring things out as an adult :) I just did a 2 week vacation without her, due to extended family issues among other things and it was a tough time staying in the closet around them (re my orientation and my husband & I being polyamourous. We're married and date other people (him: women; me: women or men).

It will be interesting to see how long some fellow passengers to figure out we're a couple. Some people guess or suspect right away, others remain oblivious! I'm guessing that as women in North American culture, we 'get away with' a lot more than men can -- thanks in part to the proliferation of the label "girlfriend" applying to platonic friends.

-Barbara

• 2 weeks later...

Sam and Bill a b&w couple from Nashville Tennessee. Our first cruise was in 2014 to celebrate our 35th anniversary.

We've done 2 more since, all on Carnival with another Carnival next winter and a Princess in May of 2016. We're excited to see a different line than Carnival.

Sam and Bill a b&w couple from Nashville Tennessee. Our first cruise was in 2014 to celebrate our 35th anniversary.

We've done 2 more since, all on Carnival with another Carnival next winter and a Princess in May of 2016. We're excited to see a different line than Carnival.

Congrats on your big anniversary! You'll love Princess, where you sailing? :D

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Atlantis Auckland to Sydney cruise - it was quite a lot of fun. Sailing into Sydney, past the Opera House and under the bridge were one of the most exciting ports to sail into ever. And of course, it ended in Sydney for Mardi Gras, so it was gay when you were onboard and even gayer when you disembarked !

Hi. JD from Canberra. National capital of Australia. :). Been on two cruises so far and booked on three more over next 12 months. Never been on a gay cruise but would like to. Just have limited choice here in Australia. Would have to travel overseas so a gay cruise becomes a bit of a holiday event and cost :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hey jbin. Yeah Sydney on mardis gras weekend is the gayest. I tend to drive from Canberra and stay the weekend. Next year I'm on a 7 day south pacific cruise that gets back to Sydney on mardis gras parade day. It was meant to be :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

We've been on about a dozen gay cruises and 3 or 4 straight ones. Just to add a little bit to this discussion, I think that for those who want to dip their toes into a gay cruise but are uncertain, you might want to keep in mind that for cruises departing from foreign ports, they tend to be a lot more like a straight cruise than you might think. Sure there are dance parties on the pool deck, but people who have spent thousands of dollars on a vacation to see Venice are not as likely to be up all night partying as someone who leaves from LA and they are going to see Puerto Vallarta. Regardless of which style of cruise, the costumes and door decorations and hilarious skits make them really value-added.

Plus, crews generally LOVE working gay cruises, so they are in much better moods than on straight cruises. Besides their joining in on the fun, they don't have the kids to reign in, and few wheelchairs to push around. Even the ship shows are better: We are much more likely to be responding and cheering and giving standing ovations, and the entertainers really respond with a better show as a result. I once went to a "ask the entertainers" event on a straight cruise, and mentioned that we usually go on Atlantis cruises, and the straight dancer was so effusive about the Atlantis audiences, saying how he would do anything to work more Atlantis cruises because we are such great audiences. All the other entertainers were nodding in agreement. Mind you, neither of us mentioned that Atlantis is a gay cruise. So when the whole Q and A broke up, a lot f people came over to me and asked what is an Atlantis cruise and how can they sign up! So I had to break it to them that they are gay charters.

If you have any more specific questions about gay vs straight, I'd be happy to try to field them.

And if any of you are on the Splendour of the Seas November 28 Suez Canal cruise, please say hi: We'll be celebrating our honeymoon!

We've been on about a dozen gay cruises and 3 or 4 straight ones. Just to add a little bit to this discussion, I think that for those who want to dip their toes into a gay cruise but are uncertain, you might want to keep in mind that for cruises departing from foreign ports, they tend to be a lot more like a straight cruise than you might think. Sure there are dance parties on the pool deck, but people who have spent thousands of dollars on a vacation to see Venice are not as likely to be up all night partying as someone who leaves from LA and they are going to see Puerto Vallarta. Regardless of which style of cruise, the costumes and door decorations and hilarious skits make them really value-added.

Plus, crews generally LOVE working gay cruises, so they are in much better moods than on straight cruises. Besides their joining in on the fun, they don't have the kids to reign in, and few wheelchairs to push around. Even the ship shows are better: We are much more likely to be responding and cheering and giving standing ovations, and the entertainers really respond with a better show as a result. I once went to a "ask the entertainers" event on a straight cruise, and mentioned that we usually go on Atlantis cruises, and the straight dancer was so effusive about the Atlantis audiences, saying how he would do anything to work more Atlantis cruises because we are such great audiences. All the other entertainers were nodding in agreement. Mind you, neither of us mentioned that Atlantis is a gay cruise. So when the whole Q and A broke up, a lot f people came over to me and asked what is an Atlantis cruise and how can they sign up! So I had to break it to them that they are gay charters.

If you have any more specific questions about gay vs straight, I'd be happy to try to field them.

And if any of you are on the Splendour of the Seas November 28 Suez Canal cruise, please say hi: We'll be celebrating our honeymoon!

Thank you for the very informative info!!! We will surely try gay cruises sometime in the future... c",)

Just found this forum. We are a gay couple from Calgary Canada. We took our first cruise last year and will be leaving on another in a few weeks or less. I have thought about taking a gay oriented cruise before but I think that I was concerned that being gay would be too much the focus and not the individual.

At any rate, on our first cruise we had table mates who were so much fun to spend time with. We were all open so being gay was clear and yet it was never a topic for conversation. They were the nicest people.

We like being with people who are liberal in their thinking - politically, economically, and socially. That is more important than being gay to us.

How do others meet gay people on a cruise? Perhaps our gaydar is broken but if it isn't what do you say that is polite and inviting? We are a bit shy so it has been a challenge to know how to take a step.

I have thought about posting something about "Friends of Dorothy" meeting so people could be brought together but not sure. Please help!!

Gay people can be fun table mates too. We don't just talk about being gay. Especially when everyone at the table is gay. You can also run into some unpleasant gay people, some very conservative gay people, and some with poor manners. That's one reason we prefer open seating so that you meet new people every time you eat in the dining room.

The Friends of Dorothy phrase is not often seen anymore. It is more likely to be listed as an LGBT gathering. Sometimes in the daily schedule. And sometimes only on the message board near the front desk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All,

My Husband and I are from Laramie, Wyoming. We have done one cruise, so far, and are scheduled to do our second January 3, 2016 on the Caribbean Princess! We have never done a gay cruise but have talked about it. Maybe someday we will take the leap and do it.

Our last cruise was aboard Carnival and we didn't have the best experience. I am hoping Princess will be a little more upscale and classy.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reid

It was reading where everyone is from, which was really fund.

My wife and I are from Southern Maine, but this winter we're spending a week a month or so in FL as i'ts just too cold. In addition we have a our upcoming 2 week cruise from Fort Lauderdale to South America (through the Panama Canal) on Celebrity Infinity and Jan 1 I am cruising to Cuba with friends (gay and straight but we're part of a gay group). Our longest cruise is 28 days and we've done 2 about that length and a few 2 week cruises. We're HOOKED but going to cruise a bit less next year as we're cruising on our own boat more and more :D

Jd07: we did the month cruise in Asia last year, it was AWESOME, review / info down in my signature, but warning, it's pretty long.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Gay people can be fun table mates too. We don't just talk about being gay. Especially when everyone at the table is gay. You can also run into some unpleasant gay people, some very conservative gay people, and some with poor manners. That's one reason we prefer open seating so that you meet new people every time you eat in the dining room.

The Friends of Dorothy phrase is not often seen anymore. It is more likely to be listed as an LGBT gathering. Sometimes in the daily schedule. And sometimes only on the message board near the front desk.

Still called Friends of Dorothy on NCL but with a /LGBT meet up. I'm on Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas on 9/8/16- solo, so I'll be looking out for "family" but also other solos or anyone interesting and non republican :)

Hello All,

My Husband and I are from Laramie, Wyoming. We have done one cruise, so far, and are scheduled to do our second January 3, 2016 on the Caribbean Princess! We have never done a gay cruise but have talked about it. Maybe someday we will take the leap and do it.

Our last cruise was aboard Carnival and we didn't have the best experience. I am hoping Princess will be a little more upscale and classy.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reid

Welcome to the thread!!! Hope you will have a great experience on your next cruise... Happy cruising...c",)

Hi everybody:-)

I'm reid's husband Josh (see a few posts up). Like he siad, we havent done a gay cruise yet, but have talked about it some. I keep hearing how they're really cruisy (pun appreciated, but unintended) and that theyre more for singles or open couples, neither of which are we. I guess i'd really like to find a straight cruise thats all gay people, if that makes any sense. Does such a thing exist?

J