Laundries on R ships

rundent

Being that apparently the one laundry room gets very busy, here's a suggestion:

Jacuzzi Washing! That warm bubbly water will get your clothes clean in a jiffy. Just pretreat with some of that free detergent in the laundry room. Take the clothes in with you while you sit in the jacuzzi. You can knead them if needed. Then dry the clothes out on the sundeck. You can grab some hangers from your stateroom and hang the nicer clothes on the deck under the running track. Get some sun while drying your clothes. That sea breeze will dry them up pretty fast. :D

Maybe you have been sailing on the cheaper main stream lines too long :D:D

Jacuzzi Washing! That warm bubbly water will get your clothes clean in a jiffy. Just pretreat with some of that free detergent in the laundry room. Take the clothes in with you while you sit in the jacuzzi. You can knead them if needed. Then dry the clothes out on the sundeck. You can grab some hangers from your stateroom and hang the nicer clothes on the deck under the running track. Get some sun while drying your clothes. That sea breeze will dry them up pretty fast. :D

Why would I want your dirty clothes in the jacuzzi tubs. Yuck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jacuzzi - Yuck - Is this the norm for Oceania????? :eek:

Yup

Be sure to get there early as the lines can be long later in the day or use the ones on the pool deck in the night when others are still partying in the lounges

:rolleyes::D

What if you need cold water for delicates and colorfast items? :D :D

OTOH, purple Jacuzzi might be a nice change of pace :D

Edited by Paulchili

I think (at least I am hoping) that Curt was yanking our chain and we played along with him. :)

I don't think anyone is seriously thinking of doing this.

I hope not

He seemed serious to me

I put nothing past fellow cruisers after all we have seen.

I hope did not give anyone ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope not

He seemed serious to me

I put nothing past fellow cruisers after all we have seen.

I hope did not give anyone ideas

Well I for one will be doing my laundry in the jacuzzi from now on it will save me the $4 not going to the laundry room :)

Seriously you cannot honestly be that thick can you ?? :eek:

Everybody uses the laundry. I once had a wonderful conversation with Dottie the Cruise Director while on Nautica. She was pressing her red suit for the function that night. Later she told me a special bedtime story (her signature) to Barbara Laundry Room! Also had a good time talking "home" with the magician. Never get better storytelling material than from the laundry room.

Sounds like the jacuzzi is going to be busy, I might have to book at least a concierge room where I can go do my laundry out on the spa deck.

You could just use the ones on the pool deck if you do not want to book Concierge

you may have to wait until late at night to get in though:D

Too bad they got rid of the cabanas on the R-ships. Would've been a great place to hang that laundry to dry.

250px-NewBritainUnderwearWashingDirections.jpg

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Laundry&oldid=747353197

J&S - this is as good as some of your clippings.

Can you top this one?

Edited by Paulchili

IT IS A JOKE

Do you not have a sense of humour ?

Just to confirm, yes this was a joke. But now I may be regretting it considering the gullibility of some of us here. It may have sparked one or two readers to actually attempt it! If so I an sorry, and if any of you see anybody actually washing their clothes in the Jacuzzi, contact Dottie the Cruise director right away. She will handle them! :eek:

Edited by curtdesilets

I rather like the mental image of a long line of people waiting to do their laundry in the jacuzzi .... :D

Mura

....rain or shine - a buck is a buck :D

At least that would eliminate the disputes about removing one's laundry out of the washer in one's absence :D

Just off Sirena yesterday. Great cruise to the Amazon (and back :eek: ;) ).

Sidebar: Had a great Cruise Critic meet and greet with - wowza - 92% of the possible 30 in attendance!

But I note this thread is about laundry. As on all the R ships, the one-and-only laundry room was often SRO so thought I'd try doing our laundry off the side of the ship as we cruised slowly up the Amazon. It wasn't a total wash but everything came out brown. What did make it exciting though was having to avoid the piranhas.

Now that I'm home and attempting to get through this thread, I feel like I've bitob more than I can chew. :D