non alcoholic beverages ?

courtjester777

Hello out there....Sailing on the Riviera in Jan....My better half does not drink .she will have the occasional glass of non- alcoholic wine.....Having some difficulty getting a straight answer from Oceania ...looked thru official document package...No mention of it ...Is it or is it not included in the cruise fare??

Thanks

Hello all.....Thanks for all your replies ...Glad to here about the non-alcoholic wine being complimentary....And she will certainly try a cocktail !!...Oh ...one other question ...Being from Canada we have a cocktail up here called a Caesar...needs Clamato juice...Anyone tried to order one of these???

Hello all.....Thanks for all your replies ...Glad to here about the non-alcoholic wine being complimentary....And she will certainly try a cocktail !!...Oh ...one other question ...Being from Canada we have a cocktail up here called a Caesar...needs Clamato juice...Anyone tried to order one of these???

Read all about it here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2424236&highlight=clamato+juice

I'm very familiar with the non alcoholic cocktails on Oceania, but I've never been aware of non-alcoholic wine. To be fair, I've never looked for it :).

Since sitraveler reports that non-alcoholic beer is not gratis, can anyone confirm that a) there is non-alcoholic wine available, and b) it's free.

Certainly sift drinks (sodas) are free.

There was a discussion a few months back on the Non alcoholic wine & not sure if it was ever determined

A) if they had it onboard

B) if it was complimentary or not

You could always request they get some for you if you ask well ahead of time they do try

I'm very familiar with the non alcoholic cocktails on Oceania, but I've never been aware of non-alcoholic wine. To be fair, I've never looked for it :).

Since sitraveler reports that non-alcoholic beer is not gratis, can anyone confirm that a) there is non-alcoholic wine available, and b) it's free.

Certainly sift drinks (sodas) are free.

Non alcoholic beer O'Douls is $4.50 and Buckler is $5.50

No listing on any menus or wine lists showing gratis wine. If they had it they would have to buy it which mean you pay for it.

Mocktails -- just ingredients. They list Virgin Pina Colada, Kiss, Strawberry whip on their bar menu.

Confirming sitraveler's observation, nonalcoholic beer is not complimentary on Oceania. They usually have two kinds -- a European (typically, Buckler) and a domestic (O'Douls).

It tastes like battery acid, anyway :p

These ersatz substitutes are mind over matter, don't you think?

It tastes like battery acid, anyway :p

These ersatz substitutes are mind over matter, don't you think?

My sentiments exactly. Last time I had O'Douls was watching the Super Bowl in Kuwait. Was a memorable experience. Not the game but that bad substitute for a beer.

Edited by PaulMCO

For some alcoholics -- those who can't imagine life without beer -- they are a godsend.

I'm not so sure about that, although I realize that it IS the knee jerk reaction.

Just look at the way that synthetic sweetners, once thought to be a panacea for diabetics and the overweight are now seen as almost diabolical in their long term effects...

Doing without needn't be the end of the World , particularly if it is in favor of a greater good.

There is a reason why abstinence and fasting are integral to every major religion.