Land tours costs

fieldston

Since most people get a shipboard credit and wish to reserve some tours, I feel it isnt right for Oceania to make one pay for the tour when reserving the tour but not allowing one to use the shipboard credit. Please let all of you give me your thoughts about this. My email is : mengel5962@gmail.com

I'll wager that if you had paid cash money for those tours, you'd feel equally outraged if Oceania made you compete for space in the queue with those horrible people who got the tours "for free". ;)

funny-card-quote-new-diet.jpg

Perspective is everything!

Since most people get a shipboard credit and wish to reserve some tours, I feel it isnt right for Oceania to make one pay for the tour when reserving the tour but not allowing one to use the shipboard credit. Please let all of you give me your thoughts about this. My email is : mengel5962@gmail.com

Others before you have wished the same thing but this is standard policy. I don't know of any cruise line that allows you to use an OBC for a purchase made before embarkation. They call it an ON BOARD credit and the intention is that it is to go towards expenses and purchases on board and shows as a credit on your shipboard account.

Since most people get a shipboard credit and wish to reserve some tours...

I'm not certain what type of shipboard credit you were referring to but if it is from the O-life 'choose one' promotion, instead of choosing the onboard credit one could choose the shore excursion package and then they would be able to book them in advance and use the 'credit' for that. Depending on when you're sailing, and assuming it is one of the O-life promotions for the OBC you are referring to, you still may be able to change your choice from OBC to X number of excursions. Your TA can help you change that.