Oct 8 Oct 17 2017 Mediterranean Radiance Rome to Monte Carlo

Sojourner02

• PAPEETE (TAHITI) to LIMA/MACHU PICCHU

• BARCELONA to COPENHAGEN

• MIAMI to MIAMI MAYAN MYSTIQUE

• ISTANBUL to ATHENS

• VALPARAISO to BUENOS AIRES

We are Larry and Joanne, both in our sixties, we live in Virginia and have both lived and traveled overseas. We are booked back to back on both this cruise and the previous cruise - Mediterranean Meandering Venice Sep 29 – Rome Oct 8 It will be our 6th Oceania cruise and our 12th cruise overall. We normally try to organize our own small group to do private tours by car or van with a local guide (4-8 people) or private walking tours with a local guide (4-8 people). Working with other couples we have successfully done this on all our Oceania cruises.

Typically, we email or call to discuss tours of interest and once a tour is agreed on we can book. Where deposits are required checks are exchanged and the person in charge of that tour books and confirms to the group. Both these cruises have several interesting stops where a private tour would be able to cover more ground (up to a full day) or just visit the sites we are interested in without the hassle of buses and large groups. I have found over the years that the best guides are often booked 6-10 months in advance so if you are interested please send me an email at vacplan@yahoo.com.

Some possibilities that come to mind for Mediterranean Radiance

• Oct 9 Livorno. Private Shore Excursion from Livorno port to visit Florence and the Uffizi or Pisa. Private tours are about US$150 per person (7hrs)

• Oct 10 Portofino. Private Walking Tour in Santa Margherita, Portofino and San Fruttuoso. US$150 per person, about 7 hrs. Would include a lunch stop. Also possible is Italian Riviera private tour Santa Margherita with a visit to the village, & Camogli on the opposite side of the Portofino Promontory, 4hrs about US$80 per person.

• Oct 11 Saint-Tropez. Shore excursion from the port of Saint-Tropez includes Grimaud, Gassin (picture stop), Ramatuelle, Ste Anne chapel, Saint-Tropez, Port Grimaud OR Domaine de Rayo. About 7 hrs and US$ 100 per person for 8 people.

• Oct 12 Palamos. I have not found any tours of or from this port, let me know if you have something in mind.

• Oct 13 Barcelona. There are any number of half and full day tours, both walking and touring for various prices depending on group size.

• Oct 14 Valencia. There are any number of half and full day tours, both walking and touring for various prices depending on group size.

• Oct 15 Minorca. Menorca customized tour (Half day) around the island 4hrs about US$100 per person 4 people. Walking tour in city, 2.5 hrs about US$25 per person 8 people.

• Oct 16 Provence. Three great places, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence and Cassis, they are all very special & different we could pick any two. About 8 hrs and US$ 100 per person for 8.

If you are on the previous Oceania tour Mediterranean Meandering, Venice Sep 29 – Rome Oct 8 see my CruiseCritic tours under that sailing

• 1 month later...

Hello. We are Brenda and Cary from Ohio and we will be on the Mediterranean Radiance. We definitely prefer smaller tours with local guides who are not affiliated with the cruise lines. I haven't been able to locate a roll call for our cruise yet. Have you seen one? We haven't started to look into tour options yet, but I guess it is time to begin planning!

Hello. We are Brenda and Cary from Ohio and we will be on the Mediterranean Radiance. We definitely prefer smaller tours with local guides who are not affiliated with the cruise lines. I haven't been able to locate a roll call for our cruise yet. Have you seen one? We haven't started to look into tour options yet' date=' but I guess it is time to begin planning![/quote']

Have you checked the roll call forums?

what date is your cruise ?

• 2 weeks later...