Laundries on R ships

rundent

I think that the laundries on deck 7 only have one entrance and can't remember if it's port or starboard. Think it's on the starboard side, but I hope not since I've just been assigned a cabin [was obviously a GTY] pretty close to said laundry. Please disabuse me.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I've read in the past that you don't hear noise from it but Just something to fret about, not now though. So it'll be close enough to send the little woman out to do some laundry without feeling too bad about it. :)

Thanks guys. Yeah, I've read in the past that you don't hear noise from it but Just something to fret about, not now though. So it'll be close enough to send the little woman out to do some laundry without feeling too bad about it. :)

Now you will definitely be disabused and "the little woman" will be the abused one :D

Great information and can someone elaborate on this laundry room please?

We can do laundry when on board?

Anyone or only certain classes?

How many machines are in this room?

Is it used a lot?

Is there detergent et al in the room, and for free?

I never knew this and it may make me reconsider how I pack (as we are doing a few days pre and a week post cruise vacations)

There is only 1 laundry room on R (smaller) ships and it is VERY busy. Detergent is free but washing and drying are $2 each.

There are laundries on all floors with cabins on larger ships - same cost.

Edited by Paulchili

There is only 1 laundry room on R (smaller) ships and it is VERY busy. Detergent is free but washing and drying are $2 each.

There are laundries on all floors with cabins on larger ships - same cost.

Except for 12, but those Suite people just buy new clothes or send it out.

This suite person doesn't do either of those options ... I prefer to do my own laundry! Very occasionally we take advantage of the 20 pieces for $24.95, though.

I agree the laundry rooms can be busy but by starting my laundry in the late afternoon -- when people are at tea or a bar, for example -- I've rarely had a problem getting a machine, even on the "R" ships. Trying to do laundry on a sea day tends to be difficult. OTOH, if you're in port but not leaving the ship, it can be easy.

Mura

How many machines are in this room? R ships have 4 of each I think Sirena has 6 someone reported plus 2 irons/boards

Is it used a lot? YES ....timing is everything

Is there detergent et al in the room, and for free? detergent is free you push a button on the wall coresponding number with your machine & detergent is distributed into the washer

I never knew this and it may make me reconsider how I pack (as we are doing a few days pre and a week post cruise vacations)

We prefer to DIY but you can also send your laundry out for a fee

On some longer cruise they have a special offer a s Mura said

Edited by LHT28

Had a cabin directly across never heard a thing.

Except for 12, but those Suite people just buy new clothes or send it out.

That is very funny, thank for the laugh :)

We prefer to DIY but you can also send your laundry out for a fee

On some longer cruise they have a special offer a s Mura said

Thanks for the information to you and all the others.

Good to know all that. My packing will be altered as a result.

Edited by pete_coach

This suite person doesn't do either of those options ... I prefer to do my own laundry! Very occasionally we take advantage of the 20 pieces for $24.95, though.

I agree the laundry rooms can be busy but by starting my laundry in the late afternoon -- when people are at tea or a bar, for example -- I've rarely had a problem getting a machine, even on the "R" ships. Trying to do laundry on a sea day tends to be difficult. OTOH, if you're in port but not leaving the ship, it can be easy.

Mura

That is very funny, thank for the laugh :)

Thanks for the information to you and all the others.

Good to know all that. My packing will be altered as a result.

Good to see that someone got the joke. I meant to use the smiley. Apparently I should have.

Being that apparently the one laundry room gets very busy, here's a suggestion:

Jacuzzi Washing! That warm bubbly water will get your clothes clean in a jiffy. Just pretreat with some of that free detergent in the laundry room. Take the clothes in with you while you sit in the jacuzzi. You can knead them if needed. Then dry the clothes out on the sundeck. You can grab some hangers from your stateroom and hang the nicer clothes on the deck under the running track. Get some sun while drying your clothes. That sea breeze will dry them up pretty fast. :D