luggage storage between cruises

Hawaiidan

As fate would have it, I am on Regatta for 2 10 day cruises. one Miami to Miami and SF to Vancouver..separated only by 16 days Miami to SF.... and the thought occurred, to me is is possible to leave ones luggage on board with such a series? Has anybody done this? Has anybody tried? We are talking only 2 26 " rollies not a steamer trunk.

As fate would have it, I am on Regatta for 2 10 day cruises. one Miami to Miami and SF to Vancouver..separated only by 16 days Miami to SF.... and the thought occurred, to me is is possible to leave ones luggage on board with such a series? Has anybody done this? Has anybody tried? We are talking only 2 26 " rollies not a steamer trunk.

I would ask once onboard - talk to a senior staff member, especially someone you may know from the past, if possible.

Hope for the best but plan for the worst :D

Changeover day take such coordination getting all that luggage off in an orderly fashion and getting all the new luggage on cramming up the passageways below I don't think they would want to have the extra burden storing and retrieving your luggage. That said, it doesn't hurt to ask and try someone you might already know as Paulchilli suggested when you're on the first sailing.

Otherwise you might try a local hotel. Some might offer some long-term storage for guests in a similar situation and might extend that to a non-Guest or a fee. Miami Airport has a long-term (60 day) luggage storage and there is a luggage storage facility in South Miami Beach called "Luggage Lounge". I've not used any of these so can't recommend them but you might want to check them out.

Changeover day take such coordination getting all that luggage off in an orderly fashion and getting all the new luggage on cramming up the passageways below I don't think they would want to have the extra burden storing and retrieving your luggage. That said, it doesn't hurt to ask and try someone you might already know as Paulchilli suggested when you're on the first sailing.

Otherwise you might try a local hotel. Some might offer some long-term storage for guests in a similar situation and might extend that to a non-Guest or a fee. Miami Airport has a long-term (60 day) luggage storage and there is a luggage storage facility in South Miami Beach called "Luggage Lounge". I've not used any of these so can't recommend them but you might want to check them out.

That I will getting on in Miami and off in Miami on the first cruise, then Getting on in SF for the second cruise. Storing in Miami would not thus work. i will inquire on board

A few years ago, we had a voyage on Marina which ended in Buenos Aires. After some weeks, we were embarking again in Papeete and we seriously considered approaching Oceania asking if we could leave some of our luggage on board. After some consideration, we thought it would be risky in case there was a circumstance where we had to cancel our SP to NZ itinerary and our luggage would continue on vacation. We would then be faced with challenges to retrieve it. Also, it would be very sad knowing the suitcase(s) travelled to the islands and had a great time while we were homebound during some of our cold winter months.

Edited by plimsol

That I will getting on in Miami and off in Miami on the first cruise, then Getting on in SF for the second cruise. Storing in Miami would not thus work. i will inquire on board

Oh, misread it; skimmed it too quickly. I read it as cruising Miami to Miami then Miami to San Francisco with a couple of weeks in between. I did not realize you were looking for them to transport your luggage from Miami to San Francisco. It would be excellent if they would do it for you.

Perhaps leave it under the bed along with a "sorry for the inconvenience" donation and note attached. :)

Note for the serious. That is not an actual suggestion.

Edited by YoHoHo

Of course, the by far easiest answer, when no one here obviously knows is to have your TA call Oceania! Go straight to the horse and ask the horse, they'll give you the answer you may (or may not) endorse, but you'll have the answer!

Then you can report back here so that people will know for future references! :D

Of course, the by far easiest answer, when no one here obviously knows is to have your TA call Oceania[b]! Go straight to the horse and ask the horse, they'll give you the answer[/B] you may (or may not) endorse, but you'll have the answer!

Then you can report back here so that people will know for future references! :D

It depends on which "horse" you ask. As we all know very well - not all "horses" are the same :D

It depends on which "horse" you ask. As we all know very well - not all "horses" are the same :D

What Paul said, plus, for a savings of $350, this particular situation may not be worth expending ones' collateral good will with the Cruise Line-