RCCL shareholder benefit

sunchaser52

What is going on with this shareholder credit and frequent denials? In November we were denied this credit and all I get from the company is a vague reference to profitability and nothing specific to their policy. Last week we were again denied the credit for an upcoming cruise and have not been given the courtesy of a response to the question why. We love Azamara 10 plus cruises in addition to 15 plus on Celebrity but this arrogance is getting very annoying. Why can we not get a specific reason as to why this benefit is rejected per their policy? Are others having this problem?

What is going on with this shareholder credit and frequent denials? In November we were denied this credit and all I get from the company is a vague reference to profitability and nothing specific to their policy. Last week we were again denied the credit for an upcoming cruise and have not been given the courtesy of a response to the question why. We love Azamara 10 plus cruises in addition to 15 plus on Celebrity but this arrogance is getting very annoying. Why can we not get a specific reason as to why this benefit is rejected per their policy? Are others having this problem?

We too have encountered this problem for the first time on our upcoming cruise in April. Before this denial of credit we had no problems securing the benefit for past cruises. The explanation given for something to do with having a NET rate on our cruise via the agent. This is the first time we have used this agent and the cruise was not particularly cheaper than others so it makes me think the agent is making a bigger percentage when selling on. If this is not the case I cannot find the small print terms and conditions for acceptance or refusal anywhere. If anyone knows about this pleases post it here.

Vicki

Hi Everyone,

While I have nothing currently booked with Azamara, it's becoming all but impossible to apply any Celebrity promotion with the Shareholder benefit. It's very unfortunate that Celebrity (and I suspect Azamara) is making it so difficult, but what's most annoying to me.... is that it's tough to get a consistant answer.

To the OP : Do they offer you an explanation as to WHY you are being denied ? I'd certainly want to know why. If you receive an answer, please let us know. Good Luck !

Sometimes we get our shareholder benefit and sometimes we don't. But when we don't, there's always an explanation of why it was denied. It usually has to do with another promotion that we are taking advantage of, and Azamara (and Celebrity) will not stack the promotions the way they used to.

We usually don't get them on Celebrity anymore because of other specials, but received them quickly and efficiently on both legs of our recent Journey trip from Dubai to Singapore to Hong Kong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

i have only been able to use my SH credit on one sailing on rccl...every other sailing we have been denied due to another promo.

That being said....my money has doubled since i purchased my stock so i guess i cant complain....

I figure i must have bought at the right time

Whilst we've only enjoyed one Celebrity cruise and are looking forward to our forthcoming and first Azamara voyage we've been granted Shareholder's benefit on both occasions.

In addition we've seen the value of our shares appreciate five fold. Just wish we'd bought a lot more than the 100 we purchased.

Oh for a crystal ball!

Sunchaser52,

I am looking into your situation with the shareholder benefit being applied to your Azamara cruise. I should have something back to you next week. Sometimes situations like these are based on combinability issues, where you have booked a specific promotion and it is not combinable with the shareholder benefit.

Let me look into it and return to you with more details.

Thank you, Raul Parquet

Azamara Club Cruises

Sunchaser52,

I am looking into your situation with the shareholder benefit being applied to your Azamara cruise. I should have something back to you next week. Sometimes situations like these are based on combinability issues, where you have booked a specific promotion and it is not combinable with the shareholder benefit.

Let me look into it and return to you with more details.

Thank you, Raul Parquet

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Raul

We too were refused on board credit for our forthcoming cruise on April 15th on the Journey. What I still don't understand is that no other promotions were applied to this booking so I fully expected to be granted the credit as with all the previous cruises we have undertaken. We in fact took the very same cruise last year and this time we paid considerably more. It seems puzzling and unfair to be denied this time. Have the rules changed? Hope somebody can cast more light on this enigma.

Vicki Brown

Whilst we've only enjoyed one Celebrity cruise and are looking forward to our forthcoming and first Azamara voyage we've been granted Shareholder's benefit on both occasions.

In addition we've seen the value of our shares appreciate five fold. Just wish we'd bought a lot more than the 100 we purchased.

Oh for a crystal ball!

I look at it your way. The stock is at almost all time high . For me it has gone up 4 folds. Plus I have gotten half my investment back in OBC. I was also told yesterday that I'm getting $100 a year as dividends. I look at it as. If I get it, it is great, if not maybe next time. Richard

Hello All,

Here is the link to our RCL Investor website that details all the terms and conditions of the shareholder benefit.

I am going to assume some of you are familiar with these T&Cs, but wanted to post it here just in case.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit#9

There are very detailed specifics on combinability of promotions and the benefit. As you have made your reservation, work with your travel agent to make sure you do not have a specific promotion tied to your reservation. If this is not the case, then I urge you to have the travel agent contact our customer service team 1 877 999 9553 and work with them on your specific reservations.

There is also a contact email for you to research further if needed = Please direct queries to investorrelations@rccl.comand a prompt response will be forthcoming.

Thank you, Raul Parquet

Azamara Club Cruises

• 2 years later...

I've found RCCL has so many broadly stated exceptions that it is rare to receive the credit, and I'll no longer factor it in when considering a cruise. With the goodwill they forfeit, they'd probably be better off either ending the program or emulating Carnival.

With Carnival brands (HAL, Princess, etc) and their shareholder benefit, it's a completely different story. I've never had it denied.

On Celebrity they raised the cruise rates to cover the forced go Big, Better, Best promotion then use that excuse to deny the "shareholder" benefit.

Face it, RCL does not appreciate their shareholder cruising with them or they would treat the benefits the same way CCL does. RCL looks for excuses to deny granting the benefit.

The pitiful part is when you look at the actual out of pocket cost of goods that it really costs RCL to grant the OBC. Couple that with the elimination of small things that add to their bottom line and you see the real direction that the RCL is going. Here is their excuse to not grant it, "Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off/wave” promotions, savings certificates, onboard chartered sailings, certain group sailings, certain price programs or bookings made at a reduced rate or travel agent rate."

Thus the "shareholder" benefit has become a consolation prize for anyone overpaying for their cruise?

I have a first upcoming AZ cruise. I expect to be denied as I have on all my Celebrity cruises. Hopefully I will have found a better line because the investment has been lacking for me. I've made money on my CCL stock. I have actually lost money on RCL so I will be dumping it.

Because RCL doesn't value my business, I've also begun including a couple of the CCL lines and other cruise companies when searching for 2018 cruises. I look at the bottom line (including perks/benefits) for value.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I recently applied for credit and received notice that it had been approved ($250 obc for 14 day cruise) within 2 days. I've only once in 8 AZ cruises been turned down for the credit.

Thank you for posting, javaspot, and also for your continued loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises. And welcome to our CC forum :)

On Celebrity they raised the cruise rates to cover the forced go Big, Better, Best promotion then use that excuse to deny the "shareholder" benefit.

Face it, RCL does not appreciate their shareholder cruising with them or they would treat the benefits the same way CCL does. RCL looks for excuses to deny granting the benefit.

The pitiful part is when you look at the actual out of pocket cost of goods that it really costs RCL to grant the OBC. Couple that with the elimination of small things that add to their bottom line and you see the real direction that the RCL is going. Here is their excuse to not grant it, "Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off/wave” promotions, savings certificates, onboard chartered sailings, certain group sailings, certain price programs or bookings made at a reduced rate or travel agent rate."

Thus the "shareholder" benefit has become a consolation prize for anyone overpaying for their cruise?

I have a first upcoming AZ cruise. I expect to be denied as I have on all my Celebrity cruises. Hopefully I will have found a better line because the investment has been lacking for me. I've made money on my CCL stock. I have actually lost money on RCL so I will be dumping it.

Because RCL doesn't value my business, I've also begun including a couple of the CCL lines and other cruise companies when searching for 2018 cruises. I look at the bottom line (including perks/benefits) for value.

That's my conclusion. Apparently any time you actually get the shareholder benefit it means you overpaid in the first place -- any cruise fare lower than the highest involves some type of "promotion," including simple fare reductions to move inventory near the date of the voyage, and thus is not eligible for the benefit.

If you book early and get the early booking credit as anyone who books a year out gets, this is used as another reason not to give you shareholder credit. It is a scheme long overdue closure, it does not seem to fit Azamara's business model now

If you book early and get the early booking credit as anyone who books a year out gets, this is used as another reason not to give you shareholder credit. It is a scheme long overdue closure, it does not seem to fit Azamara's business model now

I would agree with you but the Shareholder Benefits program is managed far up the corporate ladder. The individual lines of RCI do not have the option of changing the rules.

I suppose we could opt-out entirely but then those that do receive the benefit, such as JavaSpot, would not get the Shareholder's OBC.

So it is what it is.

I suppose we could opt-out entirely but then those that do receive the benefit, such as JavaSpot, would not get the Shareholder's OBC.

So it is what it is.

What is JavaSpot sorry never heard of it.

That's the person who posted #17 in this thread who was able to collect the shareholder benefit apparently because they didn't receive other perks/benefits from RCI.

Ah sorry, jet lagged and not reading straight.

OK I suppose somewhere in the organisation they must be tracking how many get vs how many do not to determine whether the cost of administering the process delivers sufficient positive benefits to shareholders.