Barcelona Port

mame42

Barcelona has three ports.The big cruisers dock in Port Vell, but then it's a large port with several piers. Which one are you referring to?

I have no idea. How about general info that would apply to al piersl. I will be on the HAL Koningsdam, not huge, but larger than some.

You see, it doesn't... many cruisers -the biggest anyway- mostly dock at Moll Adossat pier in Port Vell, which has several taxi ranks outside the terminals (there are four so far) as well as a bus (T3 Port), but there are other ships (ie Trasmediterranea or Grimaldi Lines among other) docking elsewhere, at piers Dàrsena del Morrot -which is opposite to the last, but on the other side of the port-, or at Moll Barcelona and Moll Sant Bertran, which are closer to the bottom of Les Rambles and the marina at Port Vell... And these different piers are not close to each other (except for the last two) so there's not a "general info that would apply to all piers"

At the port in Barcelona, where does one get a taxi in relation to where the ships dock? Is it a far walk?

Your ship will dock at Moll Adossat. They line up in a row. Each cruise ship has a terminal outside which there are taxis and a pick up for the 'blue bus' which will take you to the Christopher Columbus monument. No real walking required.:D

• 4 weeks later...
You see, it doesn't... many cruisers -the biggest anyway- mostly dock at Moll Adossat pier in Port Vell, which has several taxi ranks outside the terminals (there are four so far) as well as a bus (T3 Port), but there are other ships (ie Trasmediterranea or Grimaldi Lines among other) docking elsewhere, at piers Dàrsena del Morrot -which is opposite to the last, but on the other side of the port-, or at Moll Barcelona and Moll Sant Bertran, which are closer to the bottom of Les Rambles and the marina at Port Vell... And these different piers are not close to each other (except for the last two) so there's not a "general info that would apply to all piers"

Hi EnricM - My boarding pass lists disembark pier as Muelle Adosado, is this the same as what you refer to Moll Adossat? I would like to know to advise car transfer service for pickup.

Also, this question is for anyone who has experienced disembarking from HA Westerdam. What is the latest time that we should request for a car transfer service if we are just going to our rental apartment for our post-cruise stay?

Thank you.

Hi EnricM - My boarding pass lists disembark pier as Muelle Adosado, is this the same as what you refer to Moll Adossat? I would like to know to advise car transfer service for pick up.

Not enric but there are four generic cruise port areas. One of them is the Moll Adossat (name in Catalan) or Muelle Adosado (name in Spanish). This area is also called Palacruceros. It is subdivided in the terminals A, B, C and D. Ken

... Palacreuers is indeed one of the terminals, "D" if I'm not mistaken, while Moll Adossat is the whole pier -which has four terminals. "Moll" is Catalan, the local language, for "pier" and "adossat" means "attached".

While Spanish is co-official in Catalonia, the local language is Catalan and the street signage, names of places, etc are (obviously) in Catalan. It's a bad practice to translate names into a language other than the local language because then it might be hard to find them in maps and guides (ie. Google Maps). Yet some providers -especially foreign and non-Catalan providers- have this bad habit to translate them into Spanish... consequently, unsuspected foreign visitors can find it complicated to navigate the maps and searchs on the Internet.

... Palacreuers is indeed one of the terminals, "D" if I'm not mistaken, while Moll Adossat is the whole pier -which has four terminals. "Moll" is Catalan, the local language, for "pier" and "adossat" means "attached".

While Spanish is co-official in Catalonia, the local language is Catalan and the street signage, names of places, etc are (obviously) in Catalan. It's a bad practice to translate names into a language other than the local language because then it might be hard to find them in maps and guides (ie. Google Maps). Yet some providers -especially foreign and non-Catalan providers- have this bad habit to translate them into Spanish... consequently, unsuspected foreign visitors can find it complicated to navigate the maps and searchs on the Internet.

O.K. So what do we do? How do we get around? Is there some official maps thqt we can download so we won't get lost? I am sure most of us can figure it out but it is too bad that everyone that is giving directions can't be on the same page.

@RJB... don't fret :)... if in doubt simply ask a human. The problem is with machines, they are programmed simply to match your exact query so if you look for say "San Pablo del Campo" (Spanish) instead of "Sant Pau del Camp" (Catalan) -a very small and very cute monastery in Barcelona, one of the oldest of the city dating from the 10th century- the machine would tell you it can't find it. But again, that's a problem with a handful of arrogant Spaniards and also some foreign companies that insist in translating everything without realising which is the local language. Thankfully it's not the norm.