St. Louis #1 cemetery

216Cruiser

Any way to be able to walk through this cemetery with a tour after like 3-4-5 pm? I won't be in town and settled in until that time and any tour I can find is so early in the day. Can't go in unless you're with a tour anymore, according to this. Which is fine and i understand why but...I can't find one late afternoon. Any advice?

*Please note that under the new rules set by the Archdiocese of New Orleans, ALL visitors to St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 MUST be accompanied by licensed tour guide. Families with loved ones buried in the cemetery, tomb owners, and genealogists can acquire a special pass by calling.

Yes. There are independent guides who will take you at night on a private tour of the cemetery. Usually cash only.

Good luck.

Just hanging out around Bourbon or? I'd like to see it in daylight, I just can't manage to make it by 1:00PM which is the last daytime anything I can find online. Like 4:00 would be cool.

Just hanging out around Bourbon or? I'd like to see it in daylight, I just can't manage to make it by 1:00PM which is the last daytime anything I can find online. Like 4:00 would be cool.

Yes that sounds sketchy. Haha. I read about tours at night also though but we want to go in daylight also

Yes that sounds sketchy.

Hiring someone hanging out on Bourbon Street to take you on a night time tour of the cemeteries is more than sketchy---it's courting danger, in one of the most dangerous cities in the US. There are reputable tours that will take you there; find one.