A new question about Huatulco beach

anteaters

Hi! We like the sound of the beach that has been described as right next to the dock. It appears that you pay from $20-40 for beach chairs or possibly get them free if you buy your food/drinks there. My question is, can you just plop your towels on the sand, spend the time you want in the water, and then come back out maybe sitting on the towels for a few minutes to dry off with everything being safe (i.e. possessions, sand fleas that I read about somewhere)? We basically go to the beach just to swim and walk around and never just lay down on loungers very long if at all. Thanks!

Hi! We like the sound of the beach that has been described as right next to the dock. It appears that you pay from $20-40 for beach chairs or possibly get them free if you buy your food/drinks there. My question is, can you just plop your towels on the sand, spend the time you want in the water, and then come back out maybe sitting on the towels for a few minutes to dry off with everything being safe (i.e. possessions, sand fleas that I read about somewhere)? We basically go to the beach just to swim and walk around and never just lay down on loungers very long if at all. Thanks!

We ordered beer ... no charge for our chairs. :)

We are frequent visitors to Huatulco (10 consecutive years) and would not recommend the beach by the dock. There will many, many cabs and there are two beaches very close to the dock.

One is La Playa Entegra - this beach is calm, clean with many restaurants and snorkeling from the shore. The other is La Playa Maguey which also is in a calm bay with many restaurants. Our absolute favorite though is La Playa Entegra.

You can drop your towel on the beach and not worry about leaving some things while you swim. PLEASE use the same judgement you would at any location and don't leave anything of great value unattended. I'm sure some friendly beach goer will be happy to keep an eye on your things if you ask.

Both of these beaches would be less than a $5.00 (US) $50 Peso ride from the dock. They are both cleaner, less crowded and will be a better experience than the beach at the dock.

Enjoy your visit.

Debi

We are frequent visitors to Huatulco (10 consecutive years) and would not recommend the beach by the dock. There will many, many cabs and there are two beaches very close to the dock.

One is La Playa Entegra - this beach is calm, clean with many restaurants and snorkeling from the shore. The other is La Playa Maguey which also is in a calm bay with many restaurants. Our absolute favorite though is La Playa Entegra.

You can drop your towel on the beach and not worry about leaving some things while you swim. PLEASE use the same judgement you would at any location and don't leave anything of great value unattended. I'm sure some friendly beach goer will be happy to keep an eye on your things if you ask.

Both of these beaches would be less than a $5.00 (US) $50 Peso ride from the dock. They are both cleaner, less crowded and will be a better experience than the beach at the dock.

Enjoy your visit.

Debi

Thanks for your advice. But once at La Playa Entrega, would it be easy to get a taxi to return to the ship?

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy your visit.

Debi

Thanks for this information. We are planning a beach day at Huatulco.

• 4 weeks later...

We were at the beach right next to the dock in November.

It was beautiful. The water was fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate going there again.

That said, we did not plan on a full day at the beach ... just an hour or so. We ended up staying two hours. And for that it was perfect for us

We were at the beach right next to the dock in November.

It was beautiful. The water was fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate going there again.

That said, we did not plan on a full day at the beach ... just an hour or so. We ended up staying two hours. And for that it was perfect for us

Happy to hear this, as we have a port call in Hautulco in Feb., late in a 16-night Panama Canal cruise, so we are planning a quiet beach day there. Could you "rent" chairs/umbrellas? What facilities were there?

Thanks!

Happy to hear this, as we have a port call in Hautulco in Feb., late in a 16-night Panama Canal cruise, so we are planning a quiet beach day there. Could you "rent" chairs/umbrellas? What facilities were there?

Thanks!

There are a whole bunch of restaurants with tables. We were offered chairs at the tables at 'no charge' but declined. We didn't plan on staying that long or eating or drinking anything.

That said, an hour easily turned into two and it if wasn't for my husband who is not fond of the beach I would still be there LOL

Just walk to the end of the pier and turn left.

Be sure to stop into the little church right there. It was beautiful in its simplicity.

• 3 weeks later...

We're on the NCL Jewel right now. Today was our day in Huatulco. Since it's ten days into our 16-night cruise, all we wanted was an easy, quiet beach day. So we walked off the ship and directly over to the beach next to the dock. It was quite lovely, and all we needed. Paid $10 US for two very comfortable loungers and an umbrella. Later in the day, when we decided to order lunch and drinks, they brought a table and chairs right out to us on the beach.

Great swimming, soft beige sand, fish near the rocks. It was a perfectly relaxing day, and we only left because of sailaway. :)

We did stop at the little church. Agree it was beautiful and serene.

Edited by Turtles06