7 weeks before I cruise

jay888

The trick is to eat only half of your meal. Ask for a to go tin as soon as the meal is delivered and pack half away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Eat slow, and yes portion control is essential. I always have leftovers and my dog is the usually the recipient . Of course she has put on a lb or 2. Now I have to put her on a diet [emoji13]if you splurge all is not lost. Tomorrow is a new day.

January 1st. 96.7kg

January 7th. 95.8kg - 0.9kg

just missed my target by 0.1kg will have to try harder.

It's my wedding anniversary today and I have been married for 28 years, so I am going to have to make some good choices when eating out tonight. I can't even decide where to eat, I look at menus on lone line before I book and there does not seem to be much choice for healthy eating. Pius it's far to cold fo eat salad.

How is everyone else doing?

10th January six weeks before I cruise now weighing 94.5kg - 1.4kg

Total weight loss 2.3kg. I'm drinking a lot more water and walking for an hour per day, which may explain the good weight loss.

Hey ladies....I lost 75 pounds in 2010 and kept it off until 2015 (August)...I have since put 46 of those 75 pounds on. I just finished week 1 and 6 are gone. I would like to join your group. I hope to lose 30 more pounds by my cruise on April 17th.

Hey ladies....I lost 75 pounds in 2010 and kept it off until 2015 (August)...I have since put 46 of those 75 pounds on. I just finished week 1 and 6 are gone. I would like to join your group. I hope to lose 30 more pounds by my cruise on April 17th.

Wow you can do it again!! I know it's a great accomplishment.

I'm down 4 pounds and am fighting off the salty potato chips daily. But I will look great in my beach wear and cruise wear.

Well done for keeping the weight for 5 years and on the plus side you have not put all back on. Wow 6lbs off, that a great start, you must be pleased with that.

Wow you can do it again!! I know it's a great accomplishment.

I'm down 4 pounds and am fighting off the salty potato chips daily. But I will look great in my beach wear and cruise wear.

Well done for keeping the weight for 5 years and on the plus side you have not put all back on. Wow 6lbs off, that a great start, you must be pleased with that.

Thanks ladies and yes, I am very happy that I managed to still keep 25 pounds off. I too am very excited about thinking how my vacation photos will look and that is what keeps me going daily. I am going to Vegas for work March 1-5, I plan to stay in ketosis (I am doing low carb), but will allow myself a little higher calorie count and a few drinks.

Thanks ladies and yes, I am very happy that I managed to still keep 25 pounds off. I too am very excited about thinking how my vacation photos will look and that is what keeps me going daily. I am going to Vegas for work March 1-5, I plan to stay in ketosis (I am doing low carb), but will allow myself a little higher calorie count and a few drinks.

Oh no, not Vegas while you are trying to lose weight. However, I think you are on the right eating plan, this works very for buffets, fill up on fish, seafood and lean meat, I find this works for me.

Maybe we will have to share our holidays snaps after we have been on our cruise.

January 2-January 7 lost 1.5 lbs. only 3 more weeks til cruising to get to target weight loss for cruise of 3 more lbs. then when I get back from the cruise ,the countdown really begins for DD wedding in March [emoji141] total weight loss so far this round 10.5 lbs . You can do it girls. MyTotal weight loss from my heaviest is 53 lbs . Not a diet but a lifestyle. I Treat every day as day 1 , minimal or no sweets or bread and. I walk 3 miles every morning. [emoji39] hope everyone on this forum lose their weight and achieve their goals[emoji39]

January 7-13. Lost another 2 lbs. Only 1 lb to go this round. At -12.5 lbs so far looks like I'll reach my target weight for my cruise with a week to spare lol!![emoji4][emoji4] Thank you girls this site has given me the extra push. When I return from the cruise I'll be on to my final 4-5 lbs (hopefully no weight gain on cruise) for DD wedding[emoji322]

Edited by Missymo

January 7-13. Lost another 2 lbs. Only 1 lb to go this round. At -12.5 lbs so far looks like I'll reach my target weight for my cruise with a week to spare lol!![emoji4][emoji4] Thank you girls this site has given me the extra push. When I return from the cruise I'll be on to my final 4-5 lbs (hopefully no weight gain on cruise) for DD wedding[emoji322]

Wow, you have done really well and I'm sure you will reach your goal, plus more. Have a wonderful cruise and let's us know how you got on. Plus any tips for not putting the weight back on, while enjoying your holiday. If you feel comfortable a photo in your evening dress, please.

My next cruise is on the 21st Febuary, which is about 7 weeks away. I'm planning on losing 7kg before that date. Anyone care to join me. Starting weight 96.7kg, lost 13kg before Christmas, but put on 2.7kg Christmas. So easy to put it on and so hard to get it off.

Plan, all the Christmas food has been cleared from the house.

Low carb eating, lean meat and fish with lots of veg. Drinking lots of water.

Have to start long walks with dog again.

7 kgs in 7 weeks?

Thats alot of physical activity.

I have worked myself up to a 3.5 mile walk EVERY morning. (Except when it rains. )Literally out of bed, change into workout gear grab dog leach, dog, phone, earphones and I'm off. No time to change my mind [emoji4] been doing this for over two months so far . Actually loving it now . I feel it has helped greatly and I feel good afterwards

Hi all, I'm jumping in on the weight loss train! Actually I started on 1/2/17 with my 2/26 cruise in mind. I am doing a special diet that I have done before which is very limited in foods and calories. I am down 14lbs from where I started (including losing the 5lbs for what's call "loading" weight) so really a 9lb loss net. It really does come on so quickly and come off so slowly. I would like to have another 12 gone by my cruise but it doesn't look like I will get there as I will only do 1 maybe 2 more weeks of this low calorie part of the diet. We'll see. The GREAT news is that I have weaned my self totally off sugar, alcohol and carbs. I had found myself eating out of boredom rather then hunger as well as habitually. Whatever it is you are doing, give yourself the gift of good health so you can enjoy your cruise (and your life) to the max!

I'm down 27.9lbs and have another 5-1/2 lbs left to go before our Feb 11th cruise, which leaves me just a tad over 3 weeks. I wasn't sure I was going to make it to my goal weight, but it's in sight and with a little push to the finish line I think it's doable. I've been living a low-carb lifestyle since early October after being inspired by my daughters weight-loss and I'm so happy I gave it a try. My other 3 daughters have jumped onboard and are steadily losing weight as well, this will be cause for a new family photo!

10th January six weeks before I cruise now weighing 94.5kg - 1.4kg

Total weight loss 2.3kg. I'm drinking a lot more water and walking for an hour per day, which may explain the good weight loss.

18th January and still the same, not even 1oz. I'm going to reduced my carb intake. Poor dog has sore paws with the amount of walking we are doing ha ha. Maybe start walking up and down the stairs between patiences. It's so disappointing when you are trying so hard and your body is not responding, but I'm giving up.

Congratulations to everyone else you are doing so well with your weight losses

18th January and still the same, not even 1oz. I'm going to reduced my carb intake. Poor dog has sore paws with the amount of walking we are doing ha ha. Maybe start walking up and down the stairs between patiences. It's so disappointing when you are trying so hard and your body is not responding, but I'm giving up.

Jay888, a reduction in your carbs will get you going, stay under 20 carbs a day, no sodas and you'll do just fine.

I'm trying to eliminate processed foods. So hard to do but if I really think about it than I choose real foods. Little by little I'm feeling better too.

Two steps forward and one step back but I'm trying to jump ahead. Good luck and keep trying everyone.

GOAL! GOAL! Very excited. Been dieting my whole life and this is the first weight goal I that I actually achieved in the time I allotted myself [emoji4]. I found moving (walking 3.5 miles every morning ), portion control and yogurt have made a great difference to me. And I still have a week to go before I cruise [emoji924][emoji568]️.

GOAL! GOAL! Very excited. Been dieting my whole life and this is the first weight goal I that I actually achieved in the time I allotted myself [emoji4]. I found moving (walking 3.5 miles every morning ), portion control and yogurt have made a great difference to me. And I still have a week to go before I cruise [emoji924][emoji568]️.

Great job!! Keep it movin!!!

Congratulations to all the losers (said in the BEST was possible ;) ). I am glad to report that I too am a loser. I have 5 weeks left until my cruise and have released 15lbs total with hopefully another 5-10. The number is important but the size is even more important. I'm trying get into the summer wardrobe from my last cruise 4 years ago. Crossing my fingers that at least some if it fits. Gladly we are only doing carry on this time :D

24th January and I'm 94.1kg - .03kg about 1/2 a pound. Hopefully this week I will lose more. Last week spent 3 days away at the in laws, there is nothing planned for this week and I'm really going to try hard.

Well done everyone you are all doing so well.

24th January and I'm 94.1kg - .03kg about 1/2 a pound. Hopefully this week I will lose more. Last week spent 3 days away at the in laws, there is nothing planned for this week and I'm really going to try hard.

Well done everyone you are all doing so well.

Today 93.5kg - .06kg, I haven't weighed this since 2011. The weight has started to move again😋