Puntaranus, Costa Rica tour to San Jose

chloe kitty

We recently took a ships tour from Puntaranus to San Jose. It was not my favorite tour by far. It is not a town for tourists. Apparently the tour guides are independent contractors. Our guide was Minor. Although his English was very good, he lost control of the group, on purpose. Near the end of our tour, as usual, we stopped at a "Company Sponsored" store. He advised us that we had 45 minutes to look around and shop, then we had to be back on the bus. 45 minutes was plenty of time to shop and purchase items as we did. At 45 minutes, we boarded the bus, where the majority of the passengers had already returned. The bus had 49 passengers, and about 45 we already back on board. We sat and waited for more then 30 more minutes while Minor allowed the remaining passengers to shop and then purchase their items. He just stood there conversing with his buddies. This was very unfair to those of us returning on time, just for the kickback they received from those still shopping. We ended up getting back to the ship 45 minutes late. If someone had early seating, a massage appointment, or a beauty salon appointment, they would have been late. This is a total lack to consideration. I would NEVER recommend Minor as a tour guide. Upon arrival at the ship, I advised him what I thought of the situation. We think that it is only right to tip when your tour was enjoyable, but not in this case.

Edited by chloe kitty