Snorkeling gear...provided on excursions?

Oregonpoppa

Will be on Eurodam at end of year with family...and am wondering about snorkeling gear and whether it's provided on excursions (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay) or if it has to be rented at an additional cost to that of the excursion. With kids ranging in ages from 8 to 19 (and those of us who are still kids at 80) it could pose an additional item to be budgeted.

Excursions on RCL they provide the snorkel gear. Call your line to confirm.

I prefer my own gear for exact fit, cleanliness.

If you snorkle you can use short fins. Bigger find best suited for divers. Check out scuba and snorkel sites like scuba dot com

Having your own gear you know if fits. You can't control inventory of the scuba providers and worst case is not availabke in your size on the rented provider. I prefer to know I have gear that fits IMHO

• 4 weeks later...

Ship snorkel excursions always provide gear but started buying our own after using moldy gear in Cozumel. Wound up with sore throat which may or may not be caused by unsanitary gear. Get your own mask and snorkel and let operator provide the fins since they can be heavy to fly with. If you are lucky a Costco mask will fit. Or try Big-5 Sporting Goods. We were able to try on a bunch of masks there.

As was stated, If you book an excursion gear will be provided. If you just go to the beach on one of the private islands you may have to rent it.

I have my own gear but don't always take it depending whether we fly or drive to our point of departure and how many people in our group. Sometimes it's easier to just use what's provided.

If you are considering private excursions, be sure to validate what they mean if they say equipment is included. One private excursion I was on said equipment was provided but provided only masks & snorkels but no fins, which I didn't discover until it was too late. I didn't bring my own because I wanted to reduce the amount of luggage I was bringing, but due to strong currents, I was really sorry I didn't have them.