Single Occupancy Rates for Carnival

capcadet104

Can you negotiate with the rep at the cruise line or a travel agent? For instance, I am paying double for a cabin, can I ask for onboard credit to bring my expenses down?

Finding a buddy to travel with is hard, I know of a few friendships that ended on vacation, The only other alternative to not wasting money is to ask a person if they would like to cruise for free, It is still costly for the friend if there is airfare, excursions, etc.

If anyone can do last minute cruise, NCL is the winner, they have many sailings that are extremely cheap and on top of that no single supplement at all.

Plus you don't need to look at studios, often balcony are cheaper then studios. I know its hard to believe but its true.

Twice I had gotten an amazing deal on NCL where a balcony was cheaper then the studio on NCL Breakaway.

Also I highly suggest looking at cruiseplum website. They don't sell cruises or anything for that matter, they just show you great deals. You just click "solos". It is also updated every single day. That's the only way I find out about amazing deals.

Just three weeks ago I did a 13 day Caribbean on NCL Breakaway, got a guarantee balcony for $749(not including taxes and fees.) No single supplement.

NCL also had a few great deals that are not last minute, all you have to do to is look at that website to be in the know.

How last minute does NCL tend to be on that site? If I am looking at something for April, how close to departure do the discounts show up? I don't want to spend more on air than I do for the cruise

How last minute does NCL tend to be on that site? If I am looking at something for April, how close to departure do the discounts show up? I don't want to spend more on air than I do for the cruise

It could be a month, a week or a few days before sailing. Every sailing is different. I have noticed the best deals are a week or a few days before sailing.

Yesterday I did book the NCL Spirit, dumped to $404 that day, so I booked for 3-5

I picked up 9 price dumps last year. with no supplements. Range of time ran from the day before to 2 months on the poorly selling Brazil trips. Best bonus was using 2 deposits for an additional $250 off each of the rock bottom fares. NCL didn't make any money on me. :)

An easy way to check is to go to NCL's advance booking site. Put in March as example, 1 passenger and a price cap of your choosing. See what comes up. You do have to be able to make quick decisions and be organized. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Can you negotiate with the rep at the cruise line or a travel agent? For instance, I am paying double for a cabin, can I ask for onboard credit to bring my expenses down?

Finding a buddy to travel with is hard, I know of a few friendships that ended on vacation, The only other alternative to not wasting money is to ask a person if they would like to cruise for free, It is still costly for the friend if there is airfare, excursions, etc.

In my opinion everything is negotiable. I've had a lot of success dealing directly with the cruiselines. Depending on the rep you talk with, they know the bargains and options. Talking with them about your budget and your cruise likes and dislikes, will be helpful.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
You generally won't need to pay more to sail alone than you would pay in total for the same cabin for 2 people. It might be the same amount. Sometimes with some special deals it will be more, but often if you see a price advertised online like that, if you call you will be able to get that same price for a cabin to yourself. At least, with Celebrity I'm told it works that way.

And if you look around, particularly just after final payment date (75 or 90 days pre-cruise depending on the line, I think) or in the last few weeks before the cruise if it isn't selling well, you can often find excellent prices and lower "single supplements"--you might only pay 150% of what each person in a cabin would pay to have the cabin to yourself. I once got a 110% supplement on Royal Caribbean though I haven't seen that again in the last few years.

There's no reason to book a studio if you don't want to do the group stuff--I feel the same way so I book a balcony cabin so I can sit out there and read all by myself! :) I'm definitely an introvert--I don't hate people but I do prefer them in limited doses!

Carnival needs to offer some solo cruises out of Galveston! They used to.

I was an introvert as a child, read lots of books, wrote in a diary, had an imaginary playmate. Then I noticed others were having fun but I wasnt. When I cruise I often engage strangers in conversation but I respect those who obviously prefer solitude. My unsolicited opinion is to call any cruiseline you'd like to book and tell the representative your preference. Let that person guide and assist you to have the best cruise experience for YOU.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The irony is that I always see these discounted cruises on Carnival. There are obvious routes and boats they don't fill up on a regular basis. Yet, there are never any discounted rates for singles. I don't get it.

• 3 weeks later...
But you will have more fun being solo! After doing a solo you will never want a roommate again.

Agreed! I've had a solo cabin on my last 4 cruises. I don't mind other people coming on the ship with me, but I'll pay the extra for my own space. :D