Breakaway vs Anthem vs Pride to Bahamas with little kids

cc1237

We are considering breakaway vs anthem of the sea vs carnival pride going to Bahamas in November. Traveling with 3 and 6 year old kids. Any suggestions for which boat is best for these ages? The pride is much closer, but all are drivable. The pride is the only ship to go to Freeport, where as the others go to port canaveral.

• 2 weeks later...

Following this because we are debating going on the pride in November too with our baby or Anthem.

I have been to freeport before and its "ehh" not the greatest port, so it could definitely be missed. I have been on the Pride before and LOVED it, great ship.

We are doing the Breakaway with our 3 year old daughter this November. The price is what sold us. Part of their "promotion" is that the 3rd and 4th guests are free as well as the Beverage package for me and the wife. We scored an Aft Balcony for under $3,000. If the itinerary is the same or similar between the three. From what I have researched there is a ton for kids to do on the Breakaway like a ropes course (smaller version for little ones too) water slides, water park. Anthem probably hassome of those too, but I believe that it does not have any slides, nor the ropes course. The kids clubs are probably pretty similar.

I do not know anything about Carnival really so cannot compare. I also have yet to be on any of these ships so what I am basing all this on is just info I've gotten from here and other websites. If the itineraries are about the same I would go with whichever one is priced the best for you and your family.

• 4 weeks later...

We did the Pride with DD who was 16 mos at the time. We did early dining since 6pm fit her dinner time to keep with her schedule. The wait staff was amazing with her, even had fruit and a cup for her ready at all times. It helped that my husband loved to nap, so they would nap together in the afternoon. And she loved the music and was great in her stroller, i had an umbrella stroller. We went to Half Moon Cay, Freeport and Grand Turk. GT and HMC was perfect for her. Beach was so close and easy, and we splurged on the cabanas. It was awesome cause it was enough shade for her and DH.

We are doing the Anthem next March and I'm trying to figure out the kids club, cause I'm not sure if she will be potty trained (I know it's 11 mos away) for the 3+ club.