Sydney Hotel

rweddle

• 1 month later...

We're looking for an apart-hotel as we will be traveling on land for at least 2 weeks before our cruise and want a place with laundry pre-cruise. I've looked at a whole load....25 or more :eek:....and think maybe Adina Darling Harbour or Quay West Suites would suit us for location, price, amenities.

Is it walkable from Quay West to the cruise port with wheeled luggage?

Any comments or other recommendations?

We are 3 adults so need at least 1-bedroom with additional sofa bed or roll away, staying 4 nights, good if grocery store is close by (within abt 15 mins walk).

Thanks

We're looking for an apart-hotel as we will be traveling on land for at least 2 weeks before our cruise and want a place with laundry pre-cruise. I've looked at a whole load....25 or more :eek:....and think maybe Adina Darling Harbour or Quay West Suites would suit us for location, price, amenities.

Is it walkable from Quay West to the cruise port with wheeled luggage?

Any comments or other recommendations?

We are 3 adults so need at least 1-bedroom with additional sofa bed or roll away, staying 4 nights, good if grocery store is close by (within abt 15 mins walk).

Thanks

Heard Quay West is fine, never stayed there.

Meriton are good. As are Quest. As are Adina.

Quay West would be easily walkable if you are departing from the OPT.

You'd get a supermarket (grocery store) within about a 15 minute walk of any of those I think. Try Coles, Woolworths or Aldi, avoid anything labeled something like Convenience Store, 7-11 etc unless you just want one or maybe two things.

We'll be in Sydney for 6 days before our cruise and have booked the Meriton Serviced Apartments, Kent Street. It gets mostly good reviews and seems to be in a good area to explore the city.

It's close to Coles Grocery Store and Walgreens for last minute stuff.

I'm not sure what else it's close to, but I'm sure someone will come along who knows :)!

We like that the suites have a full kitchen and laundry facilities, we can eat in and do our own laundry.

If you watch the Meriton site you may find "flash" sales that will give you a good price (under $200.00/per night).

We'll be in Sydney for 6 days before our cruise and have booked the Meriton Serviced Apartments, Kent Street. It gets mostly good reviews and seems to be in a good area to explore the city.

It's close to Coles Grocery Store and Walgreens for last minute stuff.

I'm not sure what else it's close to, but I'm sure someone will come along who knows :)!

We like that the suites have a full kitchen and laundry facilities, we can eat in and do our own laundry.

If you watch the Meriton site you may find "flash" sales that will give you a good price (under $200.00/per night).

Pretty close to everything. In that you're probably a five minute walk to rail, maybe 10 to the heart of Sydney.

I must say I didn't know we had a Walgreens in Sydney, but there are plenty of chemist shops (drug stores or pharmacies) in the city.

Heard Quay West is fine, never stayed there.

Meriton are good. As are Quest. As are Adina.

Quay West would be easily walkable if you are departing from the OPT.

Thank you. Meriton Pitt or Kent were at the top of my list but I think we would need a much more expensive 2-bed to sleep 3 adults. :eek: I will be watching for specials though ;)

Port authority schedule shows Radiance is sailing out of OPT :)

Thank you. Meriton Pitt or Kent were at the top of my list but I think we would need a much more expensive 2-bed to sleep 3 adults. :eek: I will be watching for specials though ;)

Port authority schedule shows Radiance is sailing out of OPT :)

Radiance is always OPT.

Look up reviews/photos of all hotels , restaurants on Tripadvisor.com. All I know is Sydney restaurants I am told cost double the US ones.

Sydney constantly rates as one of the most expensive cities in the world to visit, it has topped the list a few times.

One reason is the wages, waiters here don't get paid $4 an hour and then rely on tips, the minimum adult wage is about $17 an hour. But then my wife (a teacher) gets paid nearly double what her equivalent gets in most parts of the USA.

So yes it may look expensive, but then currently you get about 30% on the exchange rate, and no tipping required.

First question is where are you leaving from.

Sydney has two docks,

White Bay

Or

The Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) at the Rocks

If you're unsure tell us your ship and sail date and someone will look it up, often just telling the ship answers the question as many can't fit under the bridge to get to White Bay.

Also some idea of your budget might assist as you can pay (also depends on timing) from about $200 for Ibis to a few Thousand for Park

Hyatt

Hi Gut2407:

What is your opinion of Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour? Thanks.

A "Thank You" for all the information you "down under" folks have posted on this thread! We are sailing on the Solstice next year (from OPT) and will be staying at the Four Seasons while in Sydney. Lots of good information pilfered from the thread!

A "Thank You" for all the information you "down under" folks have posted on this thread! We are sailing on the Solstice next year (from OPT) and will be staying at the Four Seasons while in Sydney. Lots of good information pilfered from the thread!

Enjoy your stay.

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Sea Princess March 24, 2018 out of White Bay Cruise terminal. We are looking for hotel recommendations that are within walking distance of the pier. We were interested in taking the train from the airport to the hotel. Is Wynford station the correct station for this and would it be walking distance to the hotel. It is more important for us to be within walking distance of the train station to the hotel given the long taxi lineups at the airport.

Any advice and recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We are sailing on the Sea Princess March 24, 2018 out of White Bay Cruise terminal. We are looking for hotel recommendations that are within walking distance of the pier. We were interested in taking the train from the airport to the hotel. Is Wynford station the correct station for this and would it be walking distance to the hotel. It is more important for us to be within walking distance of the train station to the hotel given the long taxi lineups at the airport.

I believe I made a mistake and its the Wynyard train station in the CBD. We would like to stay in a hotel within walking distance to Circular Quay. Thanks.

I believe I made a mistake and its the Wynyard train station in the CBD. We would like to stay in a hotel within walking distance to Circular Quay. Thanks.

Yep Wynyard is the name.

You won't get a hotel within walking distance of White Bay.

There are a few Train Stations on "The City Circle" all within walking distance of hotels. You are better off to find your hotel, then ask what Station to get off at.

Then to get to White Bay, either taxi or the Ferry. The ferry terminal is a shortish walk from Wynyard Station.

One problem is that they are redeveloping Wynyard over the next couple of years I'm not sure what impact that will have on train access but last time I was in there it looked like a war zone.