Eastern Caribbean on Allure with a 3, 4, and 6 year old???

spangnash

We live in Wisconsin... and this winter already has me dreaming of spring break NEXT year (2018) Our boys will be 3, 4, and 6. Since our oldest will only be in kindergarten, we are going to avoid spring break rush and prices, and pull him out of school for an earlier spring break. Since most places in the continental U.S. will be too chilly for us to enjoy the beach in Feb or early March, we are contemplating a cruise. My husband and I have only done 2 cruises... both in the Mediterranean and both on RCCL Brillance of the Seas. We absolutely LOVED it, so we are tempted to stick with RCCL. We've read the Allure is a great choice for young ones... I'm contemplating booking the Eastern Caribbean tour (leaving from Fort Lauderdale, hitting St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Nausau) on that ship departing Feb 4th. But, before I do... I'm looking for any type of feedback... different ship/cruise line? Different itinerary/ports? Different date??? Specific cabins (we are thinking of getting 2 adjoining rooms with windows overlooking Central Park... balconies make me super nervous with this bunch of boys). One last side question... we are thinking of bringing grandma... is it even possible to fit 6 people in 2 adjoining rooms? Will we want to strangle one another by the end of the trip? I'm a busy full-time working Mom of 3 little boys, so I don't have the time I did before to research everything for hours! Thanks in advance for any input!!!

If you book 3 in each cabin, it's doable...assuming there are cabins that hold 3 each, that are connecting....but, if Grandma is in one room you don't really NEED them to connect...close by would be fine. The only other option would be 3 rooms, with 2 each.....or a big suite.

The ship will be fine for all...plenty for everyone. Your kids are the PERFECT age to enjoy the clubs..so much for them to do!

I don't think the itinerary really matters, unless there is a specific port/island on your MUST DO list! Get a guidebook, read up on the Caribbean, and then make your choice! The little bit of time it takes to research a pricey vacation is worth it!

We just sailed on Harmony last Thanksgiving, and Oasis class is perfect for kids. However, we also sailed on Freedom the year before, and loved it just as much. So if you wanted a second option for pricing / itinerary purposes, look at Freedom or Independence of the Seas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums