2017 Spring weather forecast for the Baltic region

Celiac Cruiser

Already have used those sites on past trips but have learned never to rely on them either. Weather is pretty much unpredictable and I, personally, know to go with the flow here or on trips but it ever hurts to ask here in case there is someone that is a weather buff and has followed the weather pattern.

Your hometown weather over the last six months should tell you how unpredictable the weather has been. Also, if you believe in global warning (which I definitely do) - then the 25 inches of rain we received here on the California Central Coast, the little snow the mid-east states have received this past winter - and obviously the warmer temperatures all over the globe have made guessing the weather patterns as being very problematic. We are leaving on the BB&B cruise in a few weeks and I have told everyone to expect temperatures in the mid to high 60s in the southern part of the trip - high 50s to low 60s in the middle and mid to high 50s in the upper baltic. And of course rain here and there.

Yes, even the best forecasts and history can be unpredictable.

Getting "impressions" from past cruisers can be a challenge as well. How often have you watched people come back from shore saying it was too darn cold while another person said it was a warm day? LOL!

I try to look at historical for the past year for a few weeks before and after our cruise date, then keep watching the current forecast to make my best guess as to what to wear. Since we do not pack until the day before, we are pretty close to the forecast. But, to be more accurate, take your age, divide by 6 and add that number in degrees above and below the forecast for planning purposes. Add cold beer or hot toddy as appropriate.

I kike that plan....Baileys and coffee or hot chocolate works wonders to warm after a chilly day of exploring!!! I am just hoping for little rain!

Hot Toddy sounds good! Keeping in mind that sunrise is around 4 AM gives the atmosphere time to warm up for our shore excursions. The averages for May are pretty perfect around the Baltics. (Pretty close to summers on the California Central Coast). It would be nice to have a dry day or 2 in St Petersburg and their 'rainy season' appears to be June-Sept so let's hope!

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked the forecast for our May 14 Homelands Cruise destinations starting in Stockholm and I couldn't be happier! Each and everyone were in the 60's and Sunshine!! (Even St Petersburg). PERFECT weather for me and No rain forecast. YAY. (After this past winter in California, I have had enough ️ rain.).

I am a realist and realize that these forecasts are a month out but I'll take it! (Still going to pack a raincoat though).

Lucky you Celiac Cruiser. Keep that sun out for our May 20th cruise! Believe me, the rain gear will be packed here, too. We are, also, packing our rain pants. We wore them a lot on our Alaska cruise a few years back. They weigh nothing so why not!