Airlines used by Viking for Viking Homeland cruise

planterx2

The problem has been solved!!! Yea!! It seems the problem was with the computer system at Delta. It would not let us upgrade but our card was being charged. After a several hour wait on the phone with Delta we got it straightened out! Now I am a happy camper....I mean cruiser. Thank you Viking Ocean Cruises for your concern and speedy response.:)

We are on the Homelands July 15th out of Bergen and still haven't heard anything yet (87 days)

I was on the Christmas West Indies cruise and Viking Air left a lot to be desired. We were going to San Juan from PHX and there were a dozen time acceptable flights stopping at ATL, DFW and MIA. At 100 days they notified us we were going through MSP leaving PHX at 1AM and arriving in San Juan at 2:30PM. TA conferenced me in on call with Viking Air and they said they use MSP whenever possible because Customs and Immigration are faster then the other locations. I politely informed them that PR is a US territory and why would you want to through MSP in December? a few weeks latter it was changed it to flight through ATL that had a 6 hour layover. We called and they said that this was the only flight that met there minimum layover requirement, A few weeks latter they changed it to to a PHX-ATL-SJU leaving at 11:30PM Arriving after Noon next day with a 1hr 50min layover in ATL. A few weeks before departure they changed it to PHX Newark San Juan. Major snowstorm in Newark and we arrived at at the ship 3AM.

Can't wait to see what they have in store for us this time.

Note to self: Buy a Gulfstream 5 for private flights on my own schedule to Viking, etc. cruises. Sigh.

Was going to use the G5 but is scheduled for maintenance that week :D

BTW all of the flights out of PHX were Delta except the last which was United, returns were all Delta.

Dear azdrydock,

Thank you for your loyalty to Viking Cruises.

We regret that your recent experience with Viking Air fell short of expectations and hope that your flights for your upcoming Viking Homelands cruise are more desirable.

Should you have any questions or concerns when that schedule arrives, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Look forward to seeing you again in July!

Warm regards,

Viking Cruises

We are on the Homelands July 15th out of Bergen and still haven't heard anything yet (87 days)

I was on the Christmas West Indies cruise and Viking Air left a lot to be desired. We were going to San Juan from PHX and there were a dozen time acceptable flights stopping at ATL, DFW and MIA. At 100 days they notified us we were going through MSP leaving PHX at 1AM and arriving in San Juan at 2:30PM. TA conferenced me in on call with Viking Air and they said they use MSP whenever possible because Customs and Immigration are faster then the other locations. I politely informed them that PR is a US territory and why would you want to through MSP in December? a few weeks latter it was changed it to flight through ATL that had a 6 hour layover. We called and they said that this was the only flight that met there minimum layover requirement, A few weeks latter they changed it to to a PHX-ATL-SJU leaving at 11:30PM Arriving after Noon next day with a 1hr 50min layover in ATL. A few weeks before departure they changed it to PHX Newark San Juan. Major snowstorm in Newark and we arrived at at the ship 3AM.

Can't wait to see what they have in store for us this time.