Balmoral Island, Pearl Island or Atlantis?

HippieChick02

Hi... I'm looking at the excursions for my December cruise to the Bahamas and at the stop in Nassau, there are a few island excursions and several for Atlantis. I noticed that both Balmoral Island and Atlantis have a dolphin interaction, so if I choose to do the dolphin interaction, which place is better? Additionally, if I decide on just a beach day, what's the best between the Atlantis beaches, Balmoral Island or Pearl Island? I know that if I do Atlantis, I can just take a taxi there myself and not book through my cruise ship, but what about the other two? I'm assuming I'd need to book through my cruise for transportation, correct?

Hi... I'm looking at the excursions for my December cruise to the Bahamas and at the stop in Nassau, there are a few island excursions and several for Atlantis. I noticed that both Balmoral Island and Atlantis have a dolphin interaction, so if I choose to do the dolphin interaction, which place is better? Additionally, if I decide on just a beach day, what's the best between the Atlantis beaches, Balmoral Island or Pearl Island? I know that if I do Atlantis, I can just take a taxi there myself and not book through my cruise ship, but what about the other two? I'm assuming I'd need to book through my cruise for transportation, correct?

The Supreme court in the Bahamas has just determined that Balmoral, and it's dolphin venue are operating illegally. No word yet how this will be handled. They have been warned to shut down a year ago by the lower court.

The Supreme court in the Bahamas has just determined that Balmoral, and it's dolphin venue are operating illegally. No word yet how this will be handled. They have been warned to shut down a year ago by the lower court.

That definitely helps then, thanks! I think I'll go with Atlantis then. I decided my next stop would be a beach day so I think I'll definitely be doing a dolphin interaction and at Atlantis there are aquariums I can go see after my interaction. :)

That definitely helps then, thanks! I think I'll go with Atlantis then. I decided my next stop would be a beach day so I think I'll definitely be doing a dolphin interaction and at Atlantis there are aquariums I can go see after my interaction. :)

Does the dolphin encounter provide access to the digs? Look at Blue Lagoon.

• 1 month later...

Does the dolphin encounter provide access to the digs? Look at Blue Lagoon.

It provides access to the resort's beach. But funny thing, when I did some research on Blue Lagoon, I've actually been there before, but I forgot! So I think I'll still with Atlantis on this trip. Thanks!