Best place to book a Thomson cruise?

Of course its personal choice, but we always use Travel Agent and have found they always match online price. It is so much easier speaking face to face, and if there are any problems it most certainly is easier with a TA, ever tried contacting Thomson with a problem - just a no go area.

Travel Agent every time.

Of course its personal choice, but we always use Travel Agent and have found they always match online price. It is so much easier speaking face to face, and if there are any problems it most certainly is easier with a TA, ever tried contacting Thomson with a problem - just a no go area.

Travel Agent every time.

It was such a long time ago when I did my first cruise and booked with a TA, I'd forgotten how helpful they were. I do on-line mainly because its easy and fits in with work/lifestyle. If you have time for a TA - I think they are really worth a visit.

I've done both and tbh, I just went with the best price. Last year with Thomson, the Thomson TA knocked about £500 off the total online price (for 6 people) which was a fab deal.

For next year we have done it online via Quidco as the TA said they couldn't match that price. As part of that process I had to ring Thomson customer service 3 times for various queries (not specifically problems), and they were extremely helpful.

I've also used an online TA in the past.

We have friends in the UK that want us to book a cruise with them on Thomson Cruises. We live in the United States. This may sound silly, but can we book from here???

Unless Thomsons have amended their rules, your cruise will have to be booked and paid for by your friends in England.

We went on a Thomson cruise last year with family from Canada and we had to do the booking and pay for their cruise as Thomsons would not take a direct booking from Canada. The booking process was easy enough for us to do and our relatives made a bank transfer into our account to cover the cost of their cruise.

Hope this answers your question?

Thanks....😃

• 2 weeks later...

You can actually book from Canada - we have done so for 2 cruises in the past (including last year).

The first time (3 years ago) we just went through 'Cruisedealsdirect' to book and last year we booked on-line with Thomson's site. To book online required a valid UK postal code - and we just used my sisters as she lives in London. The rest of the address and contact info was ours in Canada - so the use of that UK postal code was just to get the online booking software to accept our booking. We included our actual postal code at the end of our mailing address so it wouldn't get lost.

It's an option if you are like me and like to do my own booking (We could ask my sister to do it for us but would rather do it ourselves)

Hi all!

I'm in Canada & just booked TUI Discovery 2 for next Feb. through Sunwing.ca flying from Toronto. A year ago Feb we booked the Thomson Dream through them & were happy with the service & the price in Canadian dollars. We love the all inclusive deal this time.

~ Jo ~ :)

• 2 weeks later...
If you book via the TopCashback link to Thomsons website you'll get a "nice little earner" cash reward.

Paid for my cabin choice fee last cruise.

Hi WCM, when you book via TopCashback do you only go through their website to book and after that can you access your booking through Thomson manage my booking. My husband is suspicious of sites like TopCashback and thinks there must be a catch. TIA.

I always book on-line. Normally seems to be cheaper. But have mainly done P&O. Just a recent convert to Thomson :-)

always book with our local thomson ta, they price match the online price and don't charge us the extra admin fee too

Hi WCM, when you book via TopCashback do you only go through their website to book and after that can you access your booking through Thomson manage my booking. My husband is suspicious of sites like TopCashback and thinks there must be a catch. TIA.

No catch that I can think of.

You go to the TopCashback site and it links over to the Thomsons website where you just book in the normal fashion.

No issues with Manage My Booking as far as I recall.

You have to wait several weeks for your cashback - but no difficulties in my experience.

If you have a Thomsons credit card you can pay the deposit and/or balance without a credit card payment fee - worth having if even only for this benefit in my opinion - and it gives you reward points towards future cruises or holidays from Thomsons /First Choice.

No catch that I can think of.

You go to the TopCashback site and it links over to the Thomsons website where you just book in the normal fashion.

No issues with Manage My Booking as far as I recall.

You have to wait several weeks for your cashback - but no difficulties in my experience.

If you have a Thomsons credit card you can pay the deposit and/or balance without a credit card payment fee - worth having if even only for this benefit in my opinion - and it gives you reward points towards future cruises or holidays from Thomsons /First Choice.[/quote

Sounds like a good idea, I didn't realise Thomson do a credit card I will look into getting one before the balance on our TA is due.

Happy to help.

If you need any specifics on TopCashback or Thomsons credit card etc. - please ask.

I was taken aback when Thomsons advised that they would still apply a surcharge for using "their" credit card on Thomsons flights and ships.