NCL Getaway Splash Academy Questions

nt13

We are traveling on the Getaway to the Baltics in June with a 6 and soon to be 10 year old. This will be the largest ship we have ever traveled on. Our cabins are on the same deck as Splash Academy, which will be convenient.

How long are the lines to get your child into Splash Academy? I expect some lines, but are we talking 10 minutes or 30 minutes? Is it often that they fill to capacity? Any other Splash Academy tips (or Getaway tips for that matter) that would be helpful?

Thank you in advance for the help!

We were on the Getaway back in March. My kids (3 and 7) didn't use the Splash Academy as much as we had thought they would (or I guess that we hoped they would) but they did go a few times. The only time we encountered a line was for the 7-10pm session as I think that's when most kids went. But even then, the line was only 10 minutes at the high end. They're very efficient; the staff is amazing. Pick up never took more than 5 minutes. When you drop off, make sure you have your key card and your child's key card. You will need both. They also will ask you where are you going to be. And at pick up, they will ask you the password you gave them at registration. Don't be like me and forget what it was. :)

We were warned that they only can hold about 110 kids total and there were over 800 kids on our cruise so be ready to possibly be told no. But that never happened to us.

Will your child be 10 by the time of the cruise? I have the daily schedule for the 6-9 year olds that I'll post when I get home but I don't have the one for the 10-12 year olds so I can't help you there.

Can't think of anything else. Let me know if you have a specific question and I'd be happy to answer.

• 2 weeks later...
We were on the Getaway back in March. My kids (3 and 7) didn't use the Splash Academy as much as we had thought they would (or I guess that we hoped they would) but they did go a few times. The only time we encountered a line was for the 7-10pm session as I think that's when most kids went. But even then, the line was only 10 minutes at the high end. They're very efficient; the staff is amazing. Pick up never took more than 5 minutes. When you drop off, make sure you have your key card and your child's key card. You will need both. They also will ask you where are you going to be. And at pick up, they will ask you the password you gave them at registration. Don't be like me and forget what it was. :)

We were warned that they only can hold about 110 kids total and there were over 800 kids on our cruise so be ready to possibly be told no. But that never happened to us.

Will your child be 10 by the time of the cruise? I have the daily schedule for the 6-9 year olds that I'll post when I get home but I don't have the one for the 10-12 year olds so I can't help you there.

Can't think of anything else. Let me know if you have a specific question and I'd be happy to answer.

Thank you and this is very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk