Hotels in New York

hobbyhrs97

Hello folks

Searched for information on hotels in New York.

What hotels are reasonable and close to the cruise port. Do they offer shuttle to the port? Are you allowed to park there while on your cruise? If not how expensive is it to park at the port?We are taking a cruise out there in Jan 2019.

I have gone out of only Florida prior.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D852 using Forums mobile app

Hello folks

Searched for information on hotels in New York.

What hotels are reasonable and close to the cruise port. Do they offer shuttle to the port? Are you allowed to park there while on your cruise? If not how expensive is it to park at the port?We are taking a cruise out there in Jan 2019.

I have gone out of only Florida prior.

Thanks

Things could change by 2019. If you are sailing from NY, parking will cost you $40 per day at the port.

You should be able to find a reasonable hotel (by NYC standards) somewhere in Midtown West or Chelsea. Those two areas are the nearest to the port. There are so many hotels, and prices fluctuate a lot, so it is difficult to send you to a particular hotel. You might check the hotel booking sites for those two areas, to narrow it down. For most hotels, parking is as expensive as it is at the port, so no help there. You might want to do a comparison between the cost of flying into NYC and the cost of parking for a week, then go with the best.

Ink 48 has the best location.

Yes! A quick walk around the corner and you are at the pier. Really nice hotel. It can be expensive but there are online deals where you get the difference back if the price drops. Nice restaurant onsite too. No parking though.

This is 19 months away, there are so many factors. Lets face it NY is HIGH priced anyway, you can get a general idea where you want to stay and watch the prices. If you see a good price you can live with....book it. If the prices drops you can get an adjustment.

I see this made it to the East Coast departures board!

It's still very early for Jan 2019. Post back with the exact dates you would need a hotel, number of people, sightseeing objectives, and your target hotel budget. Would you be able to manage your luggage on a train/ferry + cab? Rooms in Jan will be more reasonable, particularly on weekend nights. Lodging for your car is likely to be more expensive than one night in a NYC hotel!

If New York City sightseeing is not an objective, there are a number of Park/sleep options in NJ. Parking at Port Imperial for $16/day and taking the ferry is an option. Staying overnight in the Parsipanny NJ area and driving to the pier and paying the $40/day to park is an option.

I see this made it to the East Coast departures board!

It's still very early for Jan 2019. Post back with the exact dates you would need a hotel, number of people, sightseeing objectives, and your target hotel budget. Would you be able to manage your luggage on a train/ferry + cab? Rooms in Jan will be more reasonable, particularly on weekend nights. Lodging for your car is likely to be more expensive than one night in a NYC hotel!

If New York City sightseeing is not an objective, there are a number of Park/sleep options in NJ. Parking at Port Imperial for $16/day and taking the ferry is an option. Staying overnight in the Parsipanny NJ area and driving to the pier and paying the $40/day to park is an option.

Thanks for the input.

We sail on Jan 20,2019.

We will have mil with us she has bad knees and can not walk fast. So huge long walk is not really a option. Better to uber or whatever

Thanks for the input.

We sail on Jan 20,2019.

We will have mil with us she has bad knees and can not walk fast. So huge long walk is not really a option. Better to uber or whatever

You didn't answer about the budget or the sightseeing. The Hilton Garden in Ridgefield Park, NJ offers a park/sleep cruise package under $300 for a room, parking, and round trip port transportation.

You didn't answer about the budget or the sightseeing. The Hilton Garden in Ridgefield Park, NJ offers a park/sleep cruise package under $300 for a room, parking, and round trip port transportation.

Still trying to figure out budget.

Does that include room and parking for the duration of the cruise. Our cruise is 2 weeks[emoji4]. Never done a 2 week cruise this is why I am asking truing to figure the budget out

Still trying to figure out budget.

Does that include room and parking for the duration of the cruise. Our cruise is 2 weeks[emoji4]. Never done a 2 week cruise this is why I am asking truing to figure the budget out

Call the hotel and ask. Make a reservation if you can. This us the best deal we've found for sailing from Manhattan that doesn't involve some sort of public transit.

There's no way you want to pay to park at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal for 14 days plus pay for a Manhattan hotel and an extra night of $50+ parking. My impression is that Hilton Gardens has been very flexible about the length of parking because they have ample parking.

When comparing prices for various options, keep in mind that parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal for 14 days will not cost $560 (14 x $40), it will cost $400, which is the maximum parking fee for up to 30 days. If a hotel with a park/cruise package has a significant additional parking charge when leaving your car for two weeks as opposed to their standard package rate for 7 days, it's conceivable that parking at the pier may not cost much more than parking at the hotel. You could then consider a relatively inexpensive hotel in NJ without a parking transportation package for an overnight stay followed by driving to the cruise terminal in the morning and parking there. Personally, I think there's value to parking at the pier that goes beyond the monetary cost because you'll be able to start your trip home that much sooner after disembarking the ship.

Edited by njhorseman

Call the hotel and ask. Make a reservation if you can. This us the best deal we've found for sailing from Manhattan that doesn't involve some sort of public transit.

There's no way you want to pay to park at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal for 14 days plus pay for a Manhattan hotel and an extra night of $50+ parking. My impression is that Hilton Gardens has been very flexible about the length of parking because they have ample parking.

Thanks for the info. I will check out Hilton Gardens and the rate. Thinking parking is going to be the killer. If that is the case we may just look at flying in

When comparing prices for various options, keep in mind that parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal for 14 days will not cost $560 (14 x $40), it will cost $400, which is the maximum parking fee for up to 30 days. If a hotel with a park/cruise package has a significant additional parking charge when leaving your car for two weeks as opposed to their standard package rate for 7 days, it's conceivable that parking at the pier may not cost much more than parking at the hotel. You could then consider a relatively inexpensive hotel in NJ without a parking transportation package for an overnight stay followed by driving to the cruise terminal in the morning and parking there. Personally, I think there's value to parking at the pier that goes beyond the monetary cost because you'll be able to start your trip home that much sooner after disembarking the ship.

Thanks for the info

Check out hotels in NJ in the Meadowlands, which is the area around Metlife Stadium and includes the towns of East Rutherford and Secaucus. There are lots of chain hotels with plenty of parking and it is an easy ride into NYC from there. You'd have to call and see how long you can leave your car there.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,
in september I and my Husband go for the first time in new york. We arriving in JFK and stay a week pre cruise for visiting the city and we think to stay in Midtown zone. We are looking at these hotels :

-    Doubletree by Hilton New York Time Square West – 350 West  40h Street : room King Size + city
view
-    Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Fifth Avenue – 3 East 40h Street : room King
-    FourPoints By Sheraton Midtown time Square – 326 West  40h Street : room King
-    Dylan Hotel NYC – 52 east 41 St Street Murray Hill : room Queen

The price are similar and we ask if any has had esperience with these hotels, tips for tips for choosing or another advice .

Thank you for much for the help.

Edited by m@rm@r

I have stayed at the Doubletree Times Square.  You are located right in the middle of the action.  You can walk to theater, dining, and gift shops galore; you can walk to central park if you choose.  The subway is nearby to take to to Wall Street to see 911 memorial. It is a nice hotel.  

Edited by AF-1
  • Thanks 1

Other than price, look at room size/comfort across the hotels and location.

All four are well-appointed and well-reviewed.  For location: Doubletree and Four Points are both very close to Times Square and lots of shopping and food options.  Courtyard and Dylan are less conventient and you may be walking more or taking a cab.

Given you are there a week, consider how you plan to get around.  If you want to use public transit, Doubletree and Four Points are close to many subway and bus lines.  The other two are less convenient.

• Thanks 1