More ships on the way

Pyroforyou

My guess is that Saga will be number 10. I expected it to be number six but now that there are to be 10 ships...

They did a survey (through another firm so you weren't supposed to know what company was asking) and Saga and Saturn were two of the names on the lists we were shown. I'm not thrilled with Saturn but it is celestial --like Sun, Sky, Star.

Oh I hope not on Saturn. (It was kind of a flop as a name for a GM automobile) If they are focused on a celestial theme how about Sagitta (a constellation in the northern hemisphere) I kind of fall back to Shore as it completes the Air, Water, Earth elements.

Edited by 2onboardagain

We didn't get any survey but my husband was independently rooting for Saga. And I agree with him. It fits the Viking lexicon so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't worry about it. Viking did not send out a survey to all of its passengers. However, somehow (and I don't remember how or why or exactly when) I got steered in the direction of the website of a company (no names) that was fronting for a company that does survey work for the travel industry. It was a place to discuss travel but they also invited members to participate in surveys about travel, which have been commissioned by their clients. I didn't like the website and eventually closed my account but I am still on their e-mail list and regularly, I still get invitations to surveys (which I do participate in, if only to skew the results). One of the surveys was names for new ships (I voted for Saga). I've also done surveys for itineraries, comparing various variations. I can always tell when they are surveys that have been commissioned by Viking.

Btw - back when the new ships were being announced (not the current list of course) and we were rooting for Saga - which got called Song instead - I told our Viking TA how upset we were that they hadn't chosen Saga. And to please tell the powers that be we think Viking needs a Saga. So maybe it'll be #7 (if I have my count right - working on memory). [emoji4]

Btw - back when the new ships were being announced (not the current list of course) and we were rooting for Saga - which got called Song instead - I told our Viking TA how upset we were that they hadn't chosen Saga. And to please tell the powers that be we think Viking needs a Saga. So maybe it'll be #7 (if I have my count right - working on memory). [emoji4]

I'd like it to be 7 but I'm thinking it will be #10. :D:(

But really, as long as they name one of them Saga --and that I get to sail on it.